- The Stars Come Out in Bali
The Stars Come Out in Bali
Glitterati Galore from International Film Community Expected in Bali for Bali Film Festival.
Now in its 13th year and promising to once again outshine the already dazzling performance of past editions, the BALINALE-Bali Film Festival 2019 returns with 92 total films from talented filmmakers from 28 countries who are sending their films to be showcased in Bali’s newest cinema complex – CINEMAXX located at the Sidewalk Mall Jimbaran - September 24-29, 2019.
Among the 92 films to be screened at BALINALE will world premieres of 9 World, 5 international, and 19 Asian films.
An integral part of each year’s BALINALE Bali Film Festival is the BALINALEX Industry Forum – a full-day event that brings together industry professionals from around the world and across the region. This year’s forum has adopted the theme “Spotlight Indonesia” creating a setting for a free-flowing discussion among leaders discussing shared opportunities and challenges for the advancement of film making.
This year’s film industry forum will be held on Tuesday, 24 September 2019.
The BALINALEX together with the Bali Film Festival as a whole has become a magnet for international filmmakers in search of locations, insights, collaborators and film ideas.
Among those confirming attendance and participation at the Bali Film Festival and BALINALEX 2019 include:
- Natan Bogin - Media Finance and Talent Agent at leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA). CAA represents, among others, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Will Smith, George Clooney, Bradley Cooper, Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard, James Cameron, Spike Jonze, Terrence Malick, Jerry Bruckheimer, Marc Platt, John Lesher, and Stuart Ford. Bogin will be in Bali to discuss developing a long-term partnership with BALINALE and strategies to grow CAA representation in Indonesia.
- Maryanne Redpath - Head of the Generation Section of the Berlin International Film Festival is confirmed as a speaker at this year’s festival. Redpath will also join the jury on the BALINALE International Short-film Jury.
- Donna Smith- The first female to be President of Production for Universal Studios and an Academy award-winning producer, Smith has become a fixture at the BALINALE, sharing her extensive experience and knowledge with local filmmakers. She is a Completion Bond veteran and has been appointed US Ambassador of Film to China.
- Sarah Xu - Co-founder and CEO of AY Entertainment Group which books and promotes “A list” artists, Broadway, and CIRQUE shows in Asia. She is Co-founder of FMX New Media Inc., which is a platform to provide virtual (VR) and augmented (AR) reality-related production services and content distributor of new digital platforms for both American and China. 2W Network Entertainment LLC is partnering with BALINALE seeking film projects for multichannel distributors in China.
- Julia Gouw - Executive Producer of Bali: Beats of Paradise, a recent release movie about the life journey of a young couple from Bali who went to America to teach gamelan and Balinese dancing at UCLA and The California Arts Institute. Gouw is passionate about promoting Indonesian cultures to America. She was ranked one of the “25 Most Powerful Women in Banking” five times by American Banker magazine.
- Fátima Lianes Represents Wild Mind Films, Lianes is the Former Head of Content Asia for Mediapro. She served as Executive Producer of Spain in a Day (directed by Isabel Coixet) and produced The Young Pope (SKY / HBO) (directed by Paolo Sorrentino). Her documentaries include: Thou Shalt Not Kill, Daughters of Al Shabbab, Red or Death, and Africa Uncensored. Her latest films are An Unholy Alliance and DIO C´É (God is Here).
- Hanung Bramantyo is one of Indonesia’s leading and most-respected filmmakers. The winner of many awards, including “Best Director” at the Indonesian Citra Awards. He made his directorial debut in 1998 with the short film Tlutur followed by the feature-length film Brownies in 2004. In 2008, his film Ayat-Ayat Cinta met with both critical and box-office success.
Fiercely independent, Bramantyo’s films cover a wide range of genres and potentially controversial political stances, his films have featured prominently at past editions of BALINALE.
The BALINALE 2019 is made possible by the generous support of its Founding Partner Bali Film Center, Official Venue Partner – CINEMAXX located at the Sidewalk Mall Jimbaran, Industry Affiliate - Sony Pictures Entertainment, numerous media partners including CNN Indonesia and major hotel partner - Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar.