Police will close a number of roads in Kuta and alter traffic directions on other streets in order to accommodate the massive crush of vehicles and people who traditionally flock to the Bali’s most popular beach area to mark the passage of the year.
Police will close a number of roads leading into Bali starting at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, December 31, 2013.
The roads leading into Kuta slated for closure are:
- The intersection at Merta Nad
- Jalan Dewi Kunti
- Jalan Nakula
- Jalan Patih Jelantik
- The Kuta Traffic Light
The one access that will remain open to Kuta is via the Ngurah Rai Statue at the Bali Airport.
Inbound Traffic to Kuta
Outbound Traffic from Kuta
- Traffic coming from the north (Kerobokan and Jalan Iman Bonjol) will be diverted to the Sunset Road, the Dewa Ruci Underpasss, Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai, Bali Airport, Jalan Raya Tuban, Jalan Raya Kediri and Jalan Dewi Sartika.
- Traffic coming from the east (Sanur) will be diverted to the Dewa Ruci Underpass, Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai, The Ngurah Rai Monument roundabout, Ngurah Rai Airport, Jalan Raya Tuban and Jalan Dewi Sartika.
- Traffic coming from the south (South Kuta) will be diverted to Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai, the Ngurah Rai Monument round-about, The Ngurah Rai Airport, Jalan Raya Tuban, Jalan Raya Kuta, Jalan Kediri and Jalan Dewi Sartika.
Go to Work Early!
- People leaving Kuta will be diverted via Jalan Raya Kuta, Jalan Setiabudi-Dewa Ruci Underpass, Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai in a northerly direction to Jalan Raya Kuta, Jalan Sunset Road and Jalan Iman Bonjol.
- People leaving Kuta from Legian Kaja and Seminyak will be diverted via Jalan Nakula, Jalan Kunti, Seminyak Utara and Jalan Sunset.
Those working at businesses and hotels in Kuta or guess staying at these hotels are being urged by police to enter Kuta well in advance of 4:00 pm, prior to the formal closure of these roads.
Police in cooperation with local communities are establishing satellite parking at:
- Jalan Patih Djelantik – Dewi Sri (Toll Truck on standby)
- Sentral Parkir (Toll Truck on standby)
- Dewa Ruci Underpass
- Intersection at the Pasar Seni Kuta (Ambulance on standby)
- TL Tuban
- Krisna Oleh-Oleh (for bus parking)
- Panin Bank (VVIP motorcycle parking
- Ace Hardware (for 150 cars)
- Lapangan Tri Sakti (500 motorcycles)
- Krishna Oleh Oleh on Jalan Sunset (Bus parking)
The chief traffic officer from the Denpasar Police Precinct,
I Nyoman Nuryana, announced the modifications in traffic and parking scheme on Monday, December 23, 2013.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.