Giddyup Cap Go Meh
Bali Celebrates The Year of the Horse
|Click Image to Enlarge
Ethnic Chinese Indonesians in Bali began flocking to Chinese Temples across Bali on Friday, January 31, 2014 to mark the beginning of the multi-day celebration of Imlek 2565 – the lunar New Year.
Devotees brought traditional Chinese offerings, including flowers and incense.
Recitative prayers were chanted to welcome the coming “Year of the Horse” in the hopes of bringing prosperity to both the prayer-giver and the community as a whole.
The State News Agency Antara quotes Ida Bagus Adnyana. the caretaker of the Griya Kongco Dwipayana Temple, located on the banks of the Badung River, saying: “The ritual of prayers will continue for 15 days more to celebrate the Lunar New Year.”
Adnyana explained that in keeping with the year of the horse, mankind must endeavor to anticipate each step ahead and make strategic moves in preparation for what lies ahead.
Adnyana continued: “Be alert to situations that cause concern and have the potential for conflict, including warfare. Hopefully it will not be too bad.”
At another temple, Vihara Satya Dharma at Benoa harbor, a number of people with Chinese ancestry are using the temple that formally opened last year.
In addition to local citizen, many Chinese tourists from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan in Bali on holiday are including prayer visits to local Chinese temples in Bali.
Viharas in the Regency of Badung
Viharas in Buleleng, North Bali
- Vihara Dharmayana, Jl. Padri No. 10, Kuta
- Griya Kongco Dwipayana, Jl. Bypass Ngurah Rai, Tanah Kilap, Denpasar
- Vihara Buddha Dharma (Buddhayana), Jalan Sunset Road No. 88, Seminyak Legian
- Vihara Buddha Guna, Komplek Puja Mandala, Jl. Kurusetra, Nusa Dua Badung.
- Vihara Buddha Sakyamuni, Gunung Agung, Lingkungan Padang Udayana No.3A Denpasar
- Vihara Asokarama, Jl. Nuansa Indah Selatan I / 18 Denpasar
- Vihara Satya Dharma, Jalan Pelabuhan Benoa, Badung, Bali
- Vihara Budha Maitreya, JL. Dr. Sutomo Gg. 8 / 5,
Vihara in Gianyar
- Vihara Velluvana, Desa Bontihing, Kubutambahan,, Buleleng
- Vihara Giri Mandala, Desa Alasangker, Buleleng, Buleleng
- Vihara Samyag Dresti, Desa Penglatan, Sukasada, Kab. Buleleng
- Vihara Dharmarangsi, Desa Pemaron, Buleleng
- Vihara Samyag Darsana, Desa Petandakan, Buleleng, Kab. Buleleng
- Vihara Buddha Vamsa, Jl. Pantai, Singaraja
- Brahma Vihara Arama, Jl.Banjarsingaraja, Desa Br. Tegeha, Banjar Buleleng
- Vihara Buddhavamsa, Jl. Pulau Sugara No.2, Singaraja
Viharaa in Jembrana/Negara
- Vihara Amurva Bhumi, Desa Blahbatuh, Blahbatuh, Gianyar
Vihara/Kelenteng in Tabanan
- Maha Cetiya Sasana Dharma, Desa Pangkung Tanah, Melaya, Jembrana
- Maha Cetiya Dharma Negara, Kel. Dauh Waru, Negara,, Jembrana
- Vihara Mpu Astapaka, Gilimanuk – Jembrana
Vihara in Karangasem/Amlapura
- Vihara Dharma Giri, Desa Pupuan ,Pupuan
- Vihara Dharma Cattra, Jl. Melati No. 18, Tabanan
- Maha Cetiya Dharma Dana, Jl. Gunung Semeru No. 5, Baturiti - Tabanan
Vihara in Klungkung
- Vihara Buddha Ratana, Jl. Bhayangkara, Amlapura
- Vihara Dharma Ratna, Jl. Ngurah Rai, Klungkung
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.