An inaugural three-day North Bali Festival will take place in Singaraja, the former capital of Bali, on the Island's north coast August 12-14, 2006
Schedule of Events
• Saturday, August 12, 2006. 7:00 – 9:00 a.m. "5 km Fun Run" along Lovina Beach.
• Saturday, August 12, 2006. Starting from 9:00 a.m. at Taman Kota, Singaraja the opening of organized events including food stalls, martial arts demonstrations, fashion shows and fashion competitions including attendance by Miss Bali Tourism 2005 and Miss Indonesia Tourism 2006 as panel members. Traditional kite flying and painting competitions, clowns, dancers, marching bands and crafts from all over North Bali are among some of the special activities planned during the full day of activities.
• Saturday, August 12, 2006. 3:00 p.m. the quarter finals of the "Miss & Master Beauty & Brains Contest" with the semi-final round to take place at the Singaraja Royal Palace later in the evening.
• Saturday & Sunday, August 12-13, 2006. Nightly performance each evening starting at 9:00 p.m. of the Lovina Jazz & Blues Festival at Spice Café, located on the beach at Kaliasem.
• Sunday, August 13, 2006. Singaraja Street Parade at 3:00 p.m. from the Raka Panji Sakti Statue in Singaraja and ending at the Taman Kota Festival Grounds.
• Sunday, August 13, 2006. Grande Finale Dinner at the Singaraja Royal Palace at 7:00 p.m. Winners of "Miss & Master Beauty & Brains Contest" to be announced; music and cultural performances; and performance of the rare "crow dance," an ancient performance last witnessed in the 15th century.
• Monday, August 14, 2006. A golf tournament at the Bali Handara Kosaido Golf Course in Bedugul.
• Monday, August 14, 2006. Special Brunch and Spouse program with a Sportswear Fashion show.
For more information on the North Bali Festival visit their website.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.