Close
Bali Discovery Tours: Homepage
Bali Hotels, Bali Villas and Bali News from balidiscovery.com
Home Bali Contact Bali Practicalities Bali News Bali Services Bali Transportation Bali Sports Bali Excursions Bali Villas Bali Hotels
Home · News · Bali Works to Reduce Plastic Waste
Bali Hotels, Bali Villas and Bali News from balidiscovery.com
Bali Hotels
Bali Villas
Special Deals!
Packages
MICE Handling
Bali Excursions
Culinary - Dining
Guided Tour
Bali Spas
Bali Sports
Diving
Golf
Bali Transportation
Car Rental - Selft Drive
Private Jet Charter
Bali News
Bali Services
Bali Practicalities
Bali Contact
Bali Career
Home
 
Bali Update
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!
 
PATA header
PATA Gold Award 2007
Bali Update
PATA Gold Award Winner 2007
 
Bali Contact
Bali Discovery Tours
Komplek Pertokoan
Sanur Raya No. 27
Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai,
Sanur, Bali, Indonesia

Tel:
++62 361 286 283

Fax:
++62 361 286 284

U.S.A. Fax:(toll free)
1-800-506-8633

U.K. Fax:
++44-20-7000-1235

Australian Fax:
++61-2-94750419

24h:
++62 812 3819724

Bali Discovery

SITE PATA ASITA
Bali News

Bali Works to Reduce Plastic Waste

Supermarkets and Retail Chains in Bali Combine Efforts to Reduce the Use of Plastic Bags.


Bali News: Bali Works to Reduce Plastic Waste
Click Image to Enlarge

(9/25/2006)

The Indonesian language Kompas reports that Bali has launched a drive to reduce plastic waste on the island. Formally inaugurated in early September by Bali's Vice Governor Alit Kusuma Kelakan and Indonesia's Minister for the Environment Rachmat Witoelar, the "anti-plastic" campaign has received support from all 9 of Bali's regencies.

Bali as a Proud Example

Minister Witoelar said: "I hope the initiative of all regency chiefs in Bali can become an example for every province and regency in Indonesia. It is difficult to combat plastic waste, an effort that will require at least 20 years. I am very proud of Bali."

The "war on plastic" has been joined in Bali by 16 of Bali's largest supermarkets and major retail outlets who will gradually reduce the use of plastic used in the sales process.

Every day Bali produces and estimated 4,665 cubic meters or 150 tons of waste. Of this amount, an estimated 70 percent is organic with the remaining 30% comprised on non-biodegradable material. Bali's capital city of Denpasar creates 150 cubic meters of waste each day.

Witoelar hopes the program to reduce plastic's use in Bali is a success and contributes to current efforts to reduce pollution of the island's seashore.


© Bali Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.


 
 
Bali News by Bali Update
Subscribe to the Bali Update
Receive the latest news from Bali by email!



Our [Privacy Statement] explains how we handle the data you are providing.

 
Bali News by Bali Update
Explore the Archive of the Bali Update
Find related articles in our news archive!




or try to use Google Search :

Home · Bali Hotels · Bali Villas · Bali Excursions · Bali Sports · Bali News · Site Map · RSS

Bali News: More News
When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go
27-Year Old Australian Man Standing Trial in April 2014 Hijacking Scare on a Bali-Bound Virgin Australia Flight
(10/31/2014)
Now, Let us Pray
Religious Affair Minister Lukman Hakim Saifuddin Proposes Legislation to End Religious Persecution in Indonesia
(10/31/2014)
Bali's Man at the Presidential Palace
A.A. Gede Ngurah Puspayoga is Sole Balinese Named to Joko Widodo's Presidential Cabinet
(10/31/2014)
Vox Populi in Bali
Province of Bali Introduces Monthly Open Forum to Allow Citizens to Voice Criticism and Recommendations to Provincial Officials
(10/31/2014)
Conned by Condotels?
Marketer and Developer of Swiss-Belhotel Bali Condotel Project in Bali Being Sued by Unhappy Purchasers
(10/31/2014)
When Governments Fail to Act
Bankruptcy of Kintamani Restaurants Blamed on Bad Governance
(10/31/2014)
Arief Yahya Named Indonesia's Minister of Tourism
President Joko Widodo Picks Telkom CEO to be Indonesia's Tourism Czar
(10/31/2014)
Christmas Holiday Start for AirAsia X Bali-Melbourne Service
Indonesia AirAsia X to Start Flights Five Times Each Week Bali-Melbourne on December 26, 2014
(10/31/2014)
Tourism Drawing Lines in the Sand
Indonesian Minister of Tourism Label Malaysia and Thailand as 'Common Enemies' of Indonesian Tourism - Calling for Better Information Technology and Enhanced Hygiene
(10/31/2014)
Will Bali Put Crooked Moneychangers Out of Business?
Bank Indonesia Changing Registration Rules for Bali Moneychangers
(10/31/2014)
Beyond Bali
ASITA Calls on New Tourism Minister to Focus on More than Merely Bali in Designing Tourism Policies
(10/31/2014)
Be it Never so Humble
Export of Knockdown House from Bali Remains Sluggish
(10/31/2014)
All [News]!