Positioned as the "unbiased guide for those who love (and hate) to shop in Bali," Shopsmart has been compiled by a long-term resident in Bali with a deep respect and love for the island's traditional crafts and culture.
A sequel to ShopSmart Singapore, published in 2004, the Bali & Lombok edition aims to be a unique sourcebook while being completely objective in refusing all advertising support.
The Bali & Lombok ShopSmart edition helps visitors and resident discover bargains and treasures ranging from exceptional hand-woven ikats to sumptuous silver jewelry, funky surfer fashions to custom made furniture.
Along the way there's practical advice on bargaining, shipping, cultural insights, sales, and useful maps and contact information.
Wishing to be a positive force in the community, 10% of each book's cover price will be dedicated to local charities.
Included in the ShopSmart Guide for Bali & Lombok are:
• Expert Reviews of more than 1,000 selected shops and services.
• Information covering over 30 shopping categories from antiques to woodcarvings.
• Comprehensive coverage of six main shopping areas in Bali (Denpasar, Kuta, Lombok, Sanur, Seminyak and Ubud).
• Information on local "do it yourself" courses including cooking, scuba-diving, surfing, silversmithing, woodcarving, dancing, meditation and yoga.
• Details on accommodation, nightlife and restaurants.
• Golf courses and spas.
• Ratings for price, service, quality, range and value-for-money.
• Local tips on what, when, where and how to buy.
• Information on language, geography, history and local culture.
• User-friendly maps.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.