On March 2, 2007, Bali Update, the now weekly newsletter on Bali News and Tourism published by balidiscovery.com turned nine. The March 5, 2007 edition represents the 547th edition of our award-winning newsletter.
Some possibly interesting facts about Bali Update we'd like to share with our readers:
• The format has changed markedly over the years. A simple email originally sent by Bali Update's Editor to a few friends and associates in March 1998, eventually evolved into an html format, most recently revised in issue 545 on February 19, 2007.
• How did a weekly newsletter manage to publish 547 editions in just 9 years (9 x 52 = 469)? The larger number of issues is attributable to "crisis" editions published more than once a week during the crisis days of Bali's increasingly distant, darker past.
• For people with slow Internet connections or who prefer to work off-line, a plain text copy of the Bali Update is also still published each week. Just let us know if you'd like to recive our plain-text format.
• Bali Update is now sent to more than 17,000 subscribers every week. (If you experience problems receiving your weekly Bali Update, make sure that email@example.com is added to your address book to make sure we're accepted by your spam filter system.)
• Bali Update has received various rewards including an award for marketing excellence from the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Indonesia Chapter and the accolade of being named "Bali's truth Ministry” from Time Magazine.
• The more than 5,000 articles and stories residing on our archive were almost all written and edited by our Editor, John M. Daniels, President Director of Bali Discovery Tours.
• That over the past nine years we've managed to drawn occasional fire from Bali lovers as well as relentless campaigners who hate our island, must mean we've somehow managed to hit a "balance" on our reporting of Bali happenings.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.