Zagat Survey a ranking of the World's Leading Hotels, Resorts and Spas conducted among 21,783 frequent travelers and 1,626 professional travel agents has been released revealing, once again, that Bali's properties featured prominently among the very best to be found anywhere.
The review which rates 1,287 of the "best places to stay and play in the world" as well as 48 leading hotel chains showed the following results suggesting why Bali is still one of the world's most preferred holiday destinations:
Best Hotel Chains
1. Amanresorts (3 properties in Bali)
2. Four Seasons (2 properties in Bali)
3. Mandarin Oriental
5. St. Regis (Coming soon to Bali)
6. Ritz-Carlton (1 Resort in Bali)
8. Orient Express (Represented in Bali)
9. Oberoi (One resort in Bali)
Top Destination Spas
1. Four Seasons - Hualalai, Hawaii
2. Esperanza, Baja Peninsula
3. Four Seasons - Wailea, Hawaii
4. Las Ventanas, Baja Peninsula
5. Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay Bali
6. Amandari, Bali
7. Four Seasons Carmella, Uruguay
8. Phoenician Phoenix/Scottsdale
9. Brenners's Park Baden-Baden, Germany
10.Schloss, Buhlerhohe Baden-Baden, Germany
Small Hotels, resorts & Inns (less than 100 rooms)
1. Singita Kruger Area South Africa
2. Amanjiwo, Borobudur, Indonesia
3. Four Seasons Tented Golden Triangle, Thailand.
4. Como Shambhala Bali, Indonesia
5. Four Seasons - Chiang Mai, Thailand
6. Oberoi Udaivilas Rajasthan, India.
7. Amankila Bali
8. Gidleigh Park Devon, U.K.
9. Four Seasons Sayan Bali, Indonesia
10. Blanket Bay Queenstown, New Zealand.
1. Singita Kruger Area, South Africa
2. Amanjiwo Borobudur, Indonesia
3. Four Seasons Hialalai Hawaii
4. Amankila Bali, Indonesia
5. Oberoi Udaivila Rajasthan, India
1. Como Shambhala Bali, Indonesia
2. Amansara Siem Reap, Cambodia
3. Four Seasons Tented Golden Triangle, Thailand
4. Amanusa Bali, Indonesia
5. Inn Little Washington, Washington, D.C.
"This guide is designed to help travelers make informed decisions about the best places to stay around the world," said Tim Zagat, CEO of Zagat Survey. "Whether it's business or pleasure -- the guide should be an essential resource for any savvy traveler."
The 2007/08 World's Top Hotels, Resorts & Spas guide (US$15.95) was edited by Donna Marino Wilkins and David Downing and is available at bookstores and other retail outlets, through ZAGAT.com
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.