As reported on balidiscovery.com, total foreign arrivals during the first four months of 2007 totaled 472,082 - representing an improvement of +38.38% over the same four months in 2006 and the strongest start to any year on record [See: April Foreign Arrival Numbers Set New Records]. 5 Major Asia-Pacific Arrivals
Bali's Top 4 Source Markets and the PRC
The graphics presented in this installment of Bali by the Numbers examining Bali's top four source markets for the first four months of each year from 2000 - 2007 show:
• Japanese arrival figures have recovered completely improving +57.53% in the first for months of 2007 (107,254) as compared to the same period in 2006. Japanese arrivals during the opening months of 2007 performed at near-record levels.
• Australia arrival numbers, while improving +56.65% for January-April 2007 as compared to 2006, still lag some -35.49% behind the first four months of 2005.
• Taiwanese arrivals finished the first four months of 2007 +9% better than the same period in 2006. A closer look at Taiwan's arrival patterns suggests recovery in that market is mirroring the pattern following the 2002 terrorist attack. All things being equal, expect strong performance ex Taiwan in 2007 and 2008.
• South Korea logged in the strongest opening on record for Bali arrivals, totaling 38,636 for the current year.
• The People's Republic of China may prove itself to be a "sleeping giant" in terms of Bali arrivals. Better flight connections and easier visa access saw 22,263 mainland Chinese visitors come to Bali in the first four months of 2007, up from a near-zero base just 7 years ago. Expect a 100% year-on-year improvement from this market for 2007.
Overall, ASEAN arrivals to Bali hit new highs during the January-April period of 2007, improving +39% over 2006 largely due to the advent of low-cost carriers serving Bali from Malaysia and Singapore and the visa-free visa facility extended to all ASEAN countries by Indonesia.
• Malaysian numbers led the ASEAN surge, improving +49.5% for the January-April period year-on-year – the best months on record from that market.
• Singapore is proving itself steady and true, improving +14.93% over 2006.ASEAN as a Whole, Plus Malaysia and Singapore Arrivals
The Americas and Key European Markets
• While North and South America improved +12.8% during the first four months of 2007 as compared to 2006, arrivals from this market are still failing to achieve past glory, lagging -37% behind numbers achieved in 2000 and 2001.
• The U.K. Market is operating at levels similar to 2006, but still trailing overall by 42%-48% when compared to its more halcyon days in 2000 and 2001.
• German arrivals are on a par with 2006, but still playing "catch up" with 2000 and 2001.
• France is back with arrivals up +13.6% as compared to 2006 and setting new records for Bali arrivals.
• The Netherlands also demonstrates strong recovery improving +50.9% over the first four months of 2006 and performing at record levels.
• Russia wins the title of "new emerging market" for Bali improving +65% during the first four months of 2007 over the same period in 2006. Destined to become a major source market for Bali, the Russian traveler is taking full advantage of easier visa formalities and better flight access to holiday in Bali.The Americas and Key European Countries Arrivals
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.