Slavyanka - Bali's only Russian restaurant was recently inaugurated by the Russian Federation's Ambassador to Indonesia, H.E. Alexander Ivanov.Slavyanka Russian Restaurant
Located on the Bypass in Sanur, the restaurant presents an elegant dining venue for lunch and dinner replete with luxurious table settings and walls decorated with portraits of Russian Czars. A cosy bar-cum-wine-cellar, set off from a central lobby area, is conducive to relaxed conviviality over premium vodkas and traditional Hors D'Oeuvres, either before or after dinner in the formal dining room.
Russian Cuisine at its Best
Reflecting the vast area of the Russian Federation which stretches from Asia's Far East to Europe, so too does the extensive menu at Slavyanka incorporates rich stews, poultry, meat, berries, mushrooms, wild game, fish and indulgent Ukrainian desserts drawn from the rich kitchen traditions found from Vladivostok to St. Petersburg.
The menu runs to 9 pages, prompting a practical suggestion to order drinks and a plate of appetizers, while you leisurely wade through page after page of interesting dishes, such as:
• A fresh salad incorporating hunchback salmon and red caviar
• Pilgrim's Bag of Creamy Pork & Mushrooms
• Veal tongue served with sour cream and egg plant
• Chanterelle mushrooms cooked in sour cream
• Thinly slice frozen venison
• Caviar served with paper-thin blinis and all the traditional condiments
• Borsh – the rich meaty vegetable soup mainstay of the Russian menu
• Chicken Livers with Apples & Onions
• Dough pockets filled with meats, vegetables and fish
• Fresh-water perch cooked in mushroom and wine
• Grilled shashliks of marinated pork, beef or lamb or traditional steaks of beef or venison
• Luscious desserts involving pancakes, cheeses, honey and pies.
Chef Dimitri Lubichenko
Heading the kitchen brigade at Slavyanka is a talented Ukrainian who, despite his youth, already has 10 year experience at leading restaurants in Kiev – Dimitri Lubinchenko. The holder of a Chef's certificate earned at a school in his native Kiev, Lubinchenko went on to earn a tertiary degree in food technology as well as following a specialized course training as a Chocolatier at Valhrona.
In 2006, Chef Lubinchenko won awards for the "Best Dish of the Year" and the "Silver Award for Best Chef", both awarded in Kiev.
Restaurant Open Daily: 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Bar Open Daily 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 a.m.
Location: Jalan By-pass Ngurah Rai, Sanur
Click Images to Enlarge
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.