As reported on balidiscovery.com [See: Bali's July Arrivals Up 34.9%], 148,112 total foreign arrivals in July 2007 made for the best July on record for Bali tourism.
1.7 Million Arrivals to Bali for 2007?
On a year-to-date cumulative basis, the total January-July visitor total of 910,567 represents the best 7-month start to any year in the history of Bali tourism and virtually assured the critical 1 million mark would be surpassed in August. If bird flu, travel warnings and aviation advisories do not have an overly deleterious effect on the pace of arrivals and Bali maintains its current +34.98% improvement over 2006's performance through the end of the year, that will translate into total foreign arrivals approaching 1.7 million for 2007.
Click to enlargeBali's 4 Major Markets & Mainland China
- a January-July YTD total of 191,961 is +46.7% ahead of the same period in 2006 and only -7.7% behind the record 207,030 Japanese visitors achieved in 2000.
is clearly on the comeback trail, improving +53.41% over 2006 for the period January-July, but still lagging -33.6% behind the heyday for Australian visitors when January-July 2005 arrivals hit 160,124.
- Visitor patterns ex Taiwan are more-or-less on a par with last year, but -21.8% behind the record heights achieved in 2004.
• South Korea
- Boldly improving +72.5% over the January-July figures for 2006, South Koreans are now visiting at record levels.
• Peoples Republic of China
- Easier visas and improving flight access from China have boosted arrivals +104.9% over the first seven months of 2006. In the span of just 7 years PRC visitors have risen from "near zero" levels to major market status for Bali.
Click to enlargeASEAN with a Focus on Malaysia & Singapore
- As far as Bali is concerned, inter-ASEAN travel is booming, improving +36.6% over 2006 for the period January-July 2007.
- Leading the ASEAN visitors' charge is Malaysia which improved +51.2% for the first seven months of 2007.
- With a more modest YTD improvement of only +4.3% from the Singapore market there may be indications that this market has achieved a strong and somewhat "matured" plateau.
Click to enlargeThe Americas and Europe
With the exception of France, the Netherlands and Russia – each performing in record territory, the story from Europe and the Americas is one of steady growth but arrival performance that still lags behind the heyday of European and American arrivals set in 2001.
• The Americas
- Comprised of visitors from both North and South America, figures are up +19.3% for January-July 2007, but still lagging -30.1% from the total achieved in 2001.
• United Kingdom
- Also improving +8.5% for the first seven months of 2007, U.K. visitors are still -45.7% behind what they were in 2001.
- is also up YTD by +6.8%, but -25.2% behind the same period in 2001.
- Improving +16.18% in the current year, the French are now visiting Bali in record numbers.
• The Netherlands
- Mirroring the strong performance of their French neighbors, the Netherlands is up a dramatic +37.83% over 2006 and setting new records for visitors from that market.
- easier visas and convenient flight connections to Bali from Thai Airways
and Singapore Airlines
are spelling all the difference - allowing a +70.4% improvement in Russian visitors to Bali, making the Russians a major source market to Bali.
Click to enlarge
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.