Bali's list of world-class international golf course has grown to four with the partial opening in May 2007 the New Kuta Golf Course at Pecatu on the southern Bukit Peninsula.
Covering 85 hectares, the course was designed by Golfplan using the talents of the renowned Ronald Fream, David Dale and Kevin Ramsey. The landscaping utilizes a native links style approach. Lush greens are complemented with scenic backdrops of the surrounding Indian Ocean. The course also offers a driving range.
Perched above limestone cliffs that border Bali's Dreamland beach, the course is part of a larger Pecatu development that will contain luxury resorts and residential units.
The back nine holes are now open for play with the entire 18 hotels expected to come on line by November. New Kuta Golf's signature hole #15 provides breathtaking views to the island's Dreamland beach to the south, Balangan Beach to the north the and Bali's sunset coast to the west.
For the luxury golfer, New Kuta Golf features a luxurious clubhouse featuring a dedicated function venue. The Clubhouse also offers a restaurant, bar and spa with panoramic views of rolling fairways and Bali's blue seas.
Golf Facilities include locker rooms and a pro shop. Dining and conviviality are catered for at The Link Restaurant and Members Lounge.
An Island of Golf Choices
Island visitors keen for a round of gold now have the following choices in Bali.
• Bali Golf and Country Club - located within the Nusa Dua Complex and designed by Rodney Wright and Robin Nelson, is rated as one of Asia's 5 best golf courses by Fortune Magazine.
• Le Merdien Nirwana Golf & Spa Resort - located near Bali's fabled Tanah Lot, this championship Greg Norman course has been repeatedly named Asia's best course by Asia Golf Monthly.
• Bali Handara Kosaido Country Club is Bali's 18-hole course designed by Peter Thomson located in Bali's mountain hill district.
• New Kuta Golf Course at Pecatu.
• Bali Beach Golf Course - Bali's first course offering 9 holes of straight forward play in the very heart of Sanur.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.