The Minister for State Owned Enterprises, A. Djalil, announced major changes in the composition of Garuda Indonesia's directors at an extraordinary meeting of the Company's shareholders held in Jakarta on Wednesday, November 7, 2007.
The three new directors represent one veteran Garuda worker and two talented executives drawn from leading private companies.
Following the most recent appointments, here's the current line-up of the people in charge at Garuda Indonesia:
• President and CEO - Emirsyah Satar . Appointed to the top job at Garuda in March 2005, Satar once worked as the finance Director of Bank Danamon Indonesia, serving as Finance Director of the Airline before leaving to join the banking sector. An accountant by training, he has held a number of senior management positions including assignments as an auditor for Price Waterhouse and as a Senior Manager with Citibank's Corporate Banking Group.
• Executive Vice President in Charge of Business Support and Corporate Affairs - Achirina (unchanged).
• Operations Director - Capt Ari Supari (unchanged)
• Commercial Director - Agus Priyanto (unchanged). Priyanto's last posting was as Garuda's General Manager in Frankfurt, Germany.
• Technical Director - Hadinoto Soedigno. Hadinoto has just been appointed to Garuda's top echelon of management following a long period of service at the Garuda Maintenance Facility A graduate of Indonesia's Bandung Institute of Technology ITB), Hadinoto began his careers with the Airlines in 1977 working as a maintenance technician. Hadinoto replaces Sunarko Kuntjoro.
• Director of Finance - Eddy Poerwanto. A new appointment at Garuda, Poerwanto is a graduate of the University of Illinois' Urbana – Champaign Campus. He has held a number of senior finance roles in Indonesia, including assignments with British American Tobacco, Reckitt Benckiser Indonesia and, most recently, GM Autoworld. Poerwanto replaces Alex MT Maneklaran.
• Director of Strategy and Internet Technology - Elisa Lumbantoruan. A graduate in math from the Bandung Technology Institute (ITB) he has held senior posts with Oracle, Digital, Compaq and Hewlett-Packard. Lumbantoruan replaces Arya R. Suryono.
In announcing the three new appointments, Minister Djalil told Bisnis Indonesia that he has made the most recent appointments with professionals in order to maximize the airline's forward movement.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.