With 1,517,650 foreign tourist arrivals for the period of January-November 2007, Bali has already achieved a new record for arrivals in a single year with one month's arrivals (December) still to be counted.Click Image to Enlarge
The previous best entire year for foreign arrivals to Bali is 2004 when 1,458,309 arrivals were recorded. On a year-to-date basis, arrivals are +33.4% ahead of 2006 (1,138,069). Balidiscovery.com
remains confident that total arrivals for 2007 will fall within close striking distance of the 1.7 million visitors in Bali arrivals we projected earlier in the year.
To achieve the projected 1.7 million visitors Bali would need to improve December arrivals by 49% over the 2006 total, a not unrealistic expectation given the boom in arrivals just provided by the UN Climate Change Conference
December 3-14, 2007 and the strong finish for the rest of the month projected by local hoteliers. Japan
- Japanese arrivals YTD through the end of November 2007 totaled 327,301, an increase of +40.1% over 2006. The current year's performance is only -3.3% behind 2000 when 338,590 Japanese visited during the first 11 months of the year.Australia
- Demonstrating a strong recovery, Australian arrivals January-November 2007 (182,301) are +54.5% ahead of the same period in 2006. Nonetheless, Australian arrivals are still -26.6% behind the heyday for OZ arrivals in 2004 when 218,380 holidaymakers from down under came to Bali in the first 11 months of the year.Taiwan
- At 132,165 arrivals YTD from Taiwan current totals are virtually on a par with the same period in 2006 (132,171). Taiwanese arrivals were, however, substantially stronger in 2004 with 2007 totals lagging -23.13% behind the comparable period in that year.ASEAN
- ASEAN arrivals continue to be aided by the advent of low cost regional airlines. 2007 arrivals for January-November are at an all time high (147,870) +33.07% ahead of the same period in 2006.Europe
- European arrivals to Bali are demonstrating near full recovery. Arrivals from Europe improved +21.28% for January-November 2007 as compared to just one year before. These totals are only -4.0% behind the previous best year on record for European arrivals when in 2000 some 100,392 visitors came to Bali from that market.The Americas
- Demonstrating strong recovery, arrivals from North and South American increased +19.9% for January-November 2007 as compared to 2006. This is good news, no doubt, but arrivals from this lucrative source market are still down -26.06% from their stellar performance turned in during 2000 when 100,392 visitors came to Bali from the America's in the January-November period.People's Republic of China
- Worthy of note is the strong performance of visitors from Mainland China which hit 77,592 for January-November 2007. This figure now exceed total visitors from The Americas, demonstrating remarkable growth from just 7 years ago when visitors from the PRC were virtually non-existent to Bali.Click Image to Enlarge
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.