50 Films from 20 countries and 5 stimulating workshops will highlight the Balinale International Film Festival 2008 being held in Bali October 21-31, 2008.
To help you enjoy the interesting range of films and other activities being held in conjunciton with the Balinale, we present an overview of the planned program:
● Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - Galleria 21 Theatre, Simpang Siur, Kuta
- 7:00 p.m. Red Carpet Premiere and Reception
- 8:00 p.m. Man of Cinema: Pierre Rissient
● Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - Galleria 21 Theatre, Simpang Siur, Kuta
- 4:00 p.m. Son of a Lion - Indonesian premiere
- 6:00 p.m. Taking Root: The Vision of Wangari Maathai - Asian premiere
- 8:00 p.m. El Viaje de la Nonna (Nonna’s Trip) Asian premiere with Director's intro followed by an after film reception sponsored by the Mexican Embassy, Jakarta.
● Thursday, October 23, 2008 - Galleria 21 Theatre, Simpang Siur, Kuta
- 1:00 p.m. Children's Film: Alla Vi Barn I Bullerbyn (The Children of Butterby Village)
- 4:00 p.m. Lezioni di vola (Flying Lessons) - Asian Premiere
- 6:00 p.m. Opera Jawa Bali premiere
- 8:00 p.m. Ping Pong Playa Asian premiere with Filmaker’s intro.
● Friday, October 24, 2008 - Oriental Theatre, Seminyak
- TBA "Why Hollywood is Looking East" – a panel discussion. Check website for time and location.
- 7:00 p.m. God Made Them Blind - Indonesian premiere. Director's introduction, pre-screening receptiom sponsored by The Government of Western Australia.
- 9:00 p.m. Shelter Asian premiere with filmaker's introduction, question and answer.
● Saturday, October 25, 2008 - Casa Luna Lounge, Ubud
- 9:00 a,m. Photojournalism Workshop for High School Students with Syamsul Hadi- Day One
- 10:00 a.m. Asian Pacific Shorts and Documentaries International premiere
- 2:00 p.m. Rome International Film Festival – Selections Asian premiere
- 4:00 p.m. Flow Southeast Asian premiere
- 6:00 p.m. Deep Sea with Director's introduction at Tony Raka Gallery, Ubud.
● Sunday, October 26, 2008
- 10:00 a.m. Day 2 of Photojournalism Workshop for High School Studnets with Syamsul Hadi
- 6:00 p.m. Echoes of Bali premiere
- 6:45 p.m. Photo Exhibition from the feature movie "Drupadi" (25-30 October). Photos by Anton Ismael and Andry Dillindra for 'Third Eye Studio'
- 8:15 p.m. In Person: Richard Horowitz presents – "The Importance of Traditional Eastern Music in Film" with a live performance.
● Monday, October 27, 2008 - New Media School, Denpasar
- 12:00 The Sacred Sites of the Dalai Lama. Flimkaer workshops with Directors Catherine Madigan & Richardr Todd. Check website for time and venue.
● Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - Galleria 21 Theatre, Simpang Siur, Kuta
- 1:00 p.m. Children's Films: Du är Inte klok Madicken (You're Out of Your Mind, Madicken)
- 4:00 p.m. The Gold Rush - Classic Charlie Chaplin
- 600 p.m. Charlie: The Life and Art of Charles Chaplin
- 8:00 p.m. Footage of Charlie's Visit to Bali in 1932 with introduction by the Chaplin Association
● Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - Galleria 21 Theatre, Simpang Siur, Kuta
- 1:00 p.m. Children's Film: Bröderna Lejonhjärta (The Brothers Lion Heart)
- 4:00 p.m. Into the Tsangpo Gorge Indonesian premiere
- 6:00 p.m. 9808: An Anthology of 10 Years of Indonesian Reform Indonesian premiere
- 8:00 p.m. Perempuan Punya Cerita (Chants of Lotus) Bali premiere. Introduced by Vivian Idris (scriptwriter) and Santy (actress).
● Thursday, October 30, 2008
- Eagle Awards 2007-2008. Screening and critiques by visiting international filmmakers.
● Friday, October 31, 2008
- Closing program TBA
Film Ticket Prices
Film ticket prices Adults Rp. 50,000 (US$5.10) Students (with ID) Rp. 25,000 (US$2.55)
Program is subject to change.
Check the official website [Balinale International Film Festival 2008] for up-to-date program.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.