Garuda Indonesia will add 29,737 sears over the coming Christmas and New Year's holiday in order to handle the expected rush of travelers.
According to Bisnis.com, the extra seats will come on line beginning December 22, 2008 until January 4, 2009.
The additional capacity will be added on the following routes:
● Jakarta-Denpasar (18,650 seats)
● Jakarta-Makassar (1,248 seats)
● Jakarta-Singapore (1,024 seats)
● Jakarta-Hong Kong (3,516 seats)
● Denpasar (Bali)-Singapore (898 seats)
● Denpasar (Bali)-Surabaya (854 seats)
Garuda plans to provide the additional capacity by either adding additional flights (20,120 seats) or using larger aircraft (9,617 seats) on existing flight departures.
Garuda will also deploy special problem-solving and passenger-service teams at main flight centers to immediately address any service bottlenecks that may arise.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.