Balieats.com - the on-line and most authoritative guide to restaurant dining in Bali has published its year-end wrap of the ”Best New Restaurants 2008" The Complete report can be found at [Best New Restaurants 2008].
Here's our abbreviated presentation of their findings:
● Best Fine Dining - Di Mare – Ungasan. Sensational location and food at the new Karma Kandara. Mediterranean style and setting featuring the classic cuisine of Raymond Saja.
● Best Restaurant - Sarong – Kerobokan. Everyone was waiting for it, and they got what they had been waiting for. A blend of Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Indonesian and Chinese, but all done with flair, passion and feeling. The real taste of Asia! Will Meyrick at his best!
● Best Value - Sorriso – Seminyak. It’s fun, it's stylish and it's great value. Simple Italian food done well. Pasta with sauces you can taste, Scalloppine that is tender. A fun place to visit.
● Best Café - Street Café – Sanur. A lounge bar and a cool, clean café, with free internet access. Snacks, meals and drinks all very cheap! Freshly-baked Turkish bread. Live music some evenings. Now breakfast as well.
● Best Cheapie - Pregina – Sanur. Local and sensational. Very traditional Balinese [chicken is Siap not Ayam], always tasty and at an average of $3 for mains. This is more than just a warung, the stylish but simple fit out says it all. Someone knows what they are doing.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.