Bali's leading style and life-style magazine "The Yak" held what has become one of the island's leading social events of the year - The Yak Awards - on Saturday, July 18, 2009, at the Sentosa Private Villas and Spa, in the Petitenget area of Seminyak.
And the Winners are . . .
After guests passed an extremely thorough security screening at the gateway to the complex and again at the actual entrance to the venue, the evening sparkled with many guests dressed in "psychedelic chic," body painters, Playboy bunnies, and live musical and dance performances. Copious quantities of quality wine and drinks, delicious canapés and a fresh oyster bar - all flowed in defiant rebuttal to any suggestion that Bali may be running short of imported food and drink.
Punctuated by a live dance performance by Bali's premier contemporary dancer, Nyoman Sura, the main business of the night was the presentation of the 2009 Yak Awards.
The Winners of this years Yak Awards
• Best Newcomer: St Regis Bali
• Best Retail Space: Quarzia, Oberoi
• Bar of the Year: The Living Room
• Best Villa: Villa Bali Asri, Seminyak
• Best Spa: Como Shambhala
• Best Resort: The Bale
• Best Sunset Venue: Frangipani Lounge at La Lucciola
• Best DJ: Nina
• Yak Man of the Year: Michael Franti, Ubud
• Yak Woman of the Year: Rosalina Norita, Bali Creative Community
• Fashion Designer of the Year: Putri Mertaningsih N., Dinda Rella
• Chef of the Year: Oscar Perez, St Regis Bali
• Ad Campaign of the Year: Envy at Holiday Inn Baruna
• Best Community Services Award: Eco Bali Recycling Program, Bpk. Ketut Mertaadi
• Best Event: Earth Day
• Outstanding Achievement Award: Aldo Landwehr, Designer/Architect (Awarded Posthumously)
Shown on balidiscovery.com
are some pictures from the gala cocktail party held at the 2009 Yak Awards.
[Yak Awards 2008
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.