BeritaBali.com says that a loose gas line to a hot water unit caused a fire that destroyed a single villa unit at the luxurious Komaneka Resort at Tanggayuda just north of Ubud, Bali, on Wednesday, November 18, 2009.
The fire was first detected by an employee of the Resort, Astari, who was working at the Terrace Cafť, not far from the affected unit #104. Astari immediately raised the alarm by notifying the front office, causing hotel staff to rush to the unit to remove the belongings of Japanese Tourist, Yui Sugana. Sugana was having breakfast in the hotel at the time of the fire.
The fire service arrived at the scene to discover the fire had been contained but the single villa had been destroyed.
Operations of the popular resort remain uninterrupted by the blaze estimated to have caused some Rp 50 million (US$5,000) in damages.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.