The Bali Hotels Association (BHA) is the professional group of star rated hotels and resorts in Bali whose members include general managers from more than 100 hotels and resorts in Bali that representing more than 15,000 hotel rooms and almost 30,000 employees in tourism sector.
The BHA have elected its Board and Directors for 2010:
• Chairman: Jean-Charles Le Coz, general manager of the Nikko Resort Bali, replacing outgoing chairman, Robert Lagerway, general manager, Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali.
• Vice-Chairman; Michael Burchett, general manager, Conrad Bali, who is retaining the vice-chairmanship for 2010.
• Executive Director: Djinaldi Gosana.
• Finance Director: Stephane Varoquier, general manager, Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, retaining his directorship for an additional term.
• Marketing & Public Relations Director: Ron Nomura, director of marketing, Hyatt Resorts Bali, replacing Jimmy Boyles, general manager, of Melia Bali.
• Environment Director: Gareth Warne, General Manager, Nusa Lembongan Resorts Bali, continuing his interim appointment in this role.
• Government Relations Director: Kahar Salamun, general manager, All Seasons Legian, continuing his directorship for an additional term.
• Education, Training & Scholarship Director: David Cuddon, general manager, The Laguna Resort, replacing Jean-Charles Le Coz who has assumed the BHA chairmanship.
• Safety and Security Director: Andrew Gall, general manager, Ramada Resort Benoa Bali, replacing Daryl Marsden, general manager, Hard Rock Hotel Bali
• Community Relations & Charity Director: Virginie Sandstron, general manager, Harris Resort Kuta, replacing Jose Calle, general manager, The Bali
• Sports & Cultural Activities Director: Carla Petzold-Beck, general manager, The Legian, replacing Deasy Swandarini, general manager, Kayumanis Nusa Dua Private Villa
• Corporate Membership Director: Philippe Battle, general manager, Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, replacing Greg Liddell, former general manager, Karma Jimbaran.
Introducing Jean-Charles Le Coz
Speaking on his appointment as the head of the BHA, Le Coz said: "I am very happy and honored to have been chosen by my peers to represent them in Bali, in Indonesia and in the world for the year 2010 - especially following the leadership of past chairmen such as Robert Lagerwey, Michael Burchett and Robert Kelsall who all laid the foundations and developed BHA to become what it is today - an association representing more than 100 star-rated hotels and 22,000 employees. BHA has become the voice being sought when looking for information on Bali and its tourism."
[Bali Hotel Association Website]
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.