The St. Regis Bali Resort's chefs are joining forces with Michelin Guide award-winning Marcello Fabbri, to deliver a six-course, wine matched degustation dinner over what the Resort has proclaimed as the "Valentine's Gourmet Weekend" February 13-14, 2010, centered at the resort's Kayuputi Restaurant. An a la carte menu is also on offer during this period.
Marcello Fabbri first kitchen foray began in the kitchen of his aunt's hotel in Rimini at the age of 9. Later, when he turned 13, the young Italian resolved to make a vocation of his avocation.
During a distinguished career still in full bloom, Marcello has worked under world class chefs such as Gino Angelini, widely accepted as the best Italian chef in Los Angeles; Gualtiero Marchesi in Sardinia; and Mario Gamba in Munich. Marcello has been at Weimar's historic Hotel Elephant since 1993, holding the post of head chef at the Anna Amalia Restaurant, establishing the restaurant as the top gourmet restaurant in the eastern part of the German Federation and earning inclusion in the Michelin Guide in November 2009. Some of the prominent guests who have dined on Marcello's creations include the German Chancellor Schroeder, Russian Federation President Putin and singer Jennifer Lopez.
During his brief Bali visit, Marcello will team his considerable culinary skill with menus inspired by the "love season" of Valentines.
The menu at this romantic Gourmet Weekend will also include a la carte items in addition to a sumptuous degustation menu on both 13 and 14 February 2010.
Some of the highlight from the a la carte menu include:
• Deep sea scallops ‘Au Gratin' with nuts, orange sauce and home made leek tartlet.
• Lukewarm Bali Lobster served with grilled water melon and ‘Sauce American.'
• Pan Seared Duck Foie Gras with ripe mango and king oyster mushrooms.
• Potato Gnocchi with Australian Yabbies with fresh tomatoes and Rucola leaves.
• Fine ribbons of noodles topped with Russian caviar organic chives and virgin oil.
• Pan roasted rack of rabbit from Bedugul highlands ravioli of red bell peppers drizzled with herb pesto.
• Pan Fried Fillet of Grouper set on a walnut crusted king prawn, served with Aubergine Duo and parsley emulsion.
• Slow roasted New Zealand rack of lamb coated in zucchini served with filled zucchini blossom and Mediterranean vegetables.
• Mousse of Gorgonzola cheese served and pickled pears.
• Composition of Mango light mango mousse, mango tartlet, ragout of ripe mango homemade mango sherbet.
• Ricotta-Nut-Tartlet served with mascarpone ice cream and Salpicon of exotic fruits.
• Chocolate Cruller with 24 carat gold leaf marinated pineapple and coconut milk sherbet drizzled with cocoa nibs.
For bookings and more information, contact the The St. Regis Bali at telephone ++62-(0)361-8478111.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.