Bisnis.com reports that the Minister of State-Owned enterprises, Mustafa Abubakar, has announced major changes in the senior management of Merpati Nusantara Airlines and the Ferry Service for Rivers, Islands and Crossings (ASDP).
Bambang Bhakti, who was the CEO of Merpati, has been moved to the CEO role at ASDP, replacing Bambang Soerjanto. Meanwhile, the top-job at Merpati is being filled by Sardjono Jhony Tjitrokusumo, a former pilot for the airline.
Mustofa expressed his desire that the two CEOs will perform well and bring both State-Owned companies to improved commercial positions.
Prior to the latest shake-up, ASDP's directors were in disarray with the company's Chief Commissioner, Ahmad Sukuri, compelled to take control from Bambang Soerjanto.
The new line up at the company that overseas water-borne ferry services in Indonesia:
• Bambang Bhakti, CEO
• Fatah Setiawan Topobroto, Director of Finance
• Rudi Meiyansyah, Director of Manpower and General Affairs
• Sirajuddin Saini, Technical Director
• Prasetyo Bhakti Utomo, Port Operations Director
• Youlman Jamal, Director of Ferry Crossings
Merpati Nusantara Airline
The new CEO of Merpati, Sardjono Jhony Tjitrokusumo told the press that he faces major challenges to put the airline in a positive financial position. "Merpati's cash flow in May was very critical. My duty is find a way to return (the airline) to profitability. We will be operating more aircraft in order to achieve that goal," Tjitrokusomo explained.
The list of new managers appointed by the Minister to help turn Merpati around:
• Sardjono Jhony Tjitrokusumo, CEO
• Adi Gunawan, Assistant CEO
• Wisudo, Technical Director
• Asep Ekanugraha, Director of Operations
• Tonny Aulila Achmad, Commercial Director
• Farid Luthi, Finance and Administration Director
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.