St. Regis Bali explores new heights in luxury and sophistication at their coming culinary event: an evening of fine dining, Champagne DUVAL-LEROY and Karat Caviar.
The evening commences with a cocktail and canapé reception at the King Cole Bar followed by a six-course dinner starting at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 24, 2010, and served in the opulent Astor Ballroom.
As advertised, each chapter in the ensuing evening will reflect the refinement and luxury that comes from blending caviar and Champagne to complement a menu specially designed by the St. Regis' much-celebrated Executive Chef Oscar Perez.
Click Images to Enlarge
Located in Vertus, in the heart of La Cote des Blancs, Champagne DUVAL-LEROY
was established in 1859 when two eminent Champagne families hyphenated forces. The two house, now one now cultivate around 200 hectares, much of which is devoted to the production of high-quality Chardonnay grapes. The predominance of Chardonnay in the elaboration of the cuvees gives a finesse, lightness and elegance to DUVAL-LEROY Champagnes.
Headed by Carol DUVAL-LEROY since 1991, this is one of the few remaining 100 per cent family-owned Champagne Houses and is ranked among the top 15 Champagne houses in the world.Karat Caviar
Produced by Caviar Galilee - Karat Caviar
is one of the longest operating fish farms in Israel, involved in aqua-culture since 1939. Caviar Galilee
farm began growing Russian Sturgeon (Acipenser Gueldenstaedtii)
in 1992, when the first fertilized eggs were imported directly from Russia to Israel. Imported directly from the Caspian Sea, the Russian Osetra fingerlings are raised in conditions that are most similar to natural conditions, making for a world-quality elite caviar. Karat Caviar's
uniqueness lies in its color, size and robust flavor, attributed to the location of the Caviar Galilee
near the crystal clear snow-driven, oxygen rich waters of Dan Springs. The resulting caviar provides a consistent high quality, arguably not attainable is the less-controlled non-captive environment.The Menu – Champagne & Caviar
St. Regis Bali
++ AMUSE ++
Classic Osceitra - Fine and rich in flavor, deep black appearance - Served with blinis, capers, egg, fine red onion and sour cream
Duval - Leroy Brut, Vertus, Champagne NV
+ + +
Amber Oscietra - Rich nutty flavor, dark green to brown in appearance - paired with seared Scottish king scallop, parsley flan, cauliflower puree, dried carrot powder, drizzled with dill oil
Duval – Leroy, Vertus, Cuvee 150 Vintage 1999
+ + +
Gold Osceitra - Rich nutty taste, a light green to brown appearance - perfectly matched with house-smoked Tasmanian salmon, Noilly Prat beurre blanc, new potatoes, organic greens
Duval – Leroy, Vertus, Brut Rosé NV
+ + +
Grape Fruit and Mint Granite
+ + +
Imperial Osceitra - Buttery and sweet nutty flavor in perfect golden appearance - served with spiny lobster tail gently poached in a light lobster broth, Tataki of yellow fin tuna, courgette fleur tempura, new vegetables fondue, fresh tarragon
Duval - Leroy, Vertus, Femme de Champagne Vintage 1996
+ + +
Champagne Bavarois, Preserved pink Champagne jam, cubes of fruit yogurt, pomegranate sherbet, crunchy biscuit crumbles
Duval – Leroy, Vertus, Lady Rosé NV
+ + +
Fine Homemade Amadei Chocolates
Coffee and TeaTasting Notes
• Duval - Leroy Brut, Vertus, Champagne
- Displaying the unique power and character emblematic of the result of expert blending of Pinots and Chardonnays. Enriched with around fifteen crus and generous quantity of reserve wines, Duval-Leroy Brut
provides a perfect balance between finesse and power, it draws out flavors of dark chocolate, cinnamon and roasted yellow figs, expressing its subtle, melt-in-the-mouth vinosity. This was the only Champagne recognized by Wine Spectator
magazine in its "Top 100" classification for 2008.
• Duval – Leroy, Vertus, Cuvee 150 Vintage 1999
- Late snows stretching into April and harsh sun and rain in August made the fruit harvested in 1999 vulnerable, but, equally, provided for an unforgettable vintage. Elegant in the mouth, a deep mineral cascade bursts forth with the caramelized flavors of hot almonds and apricot confit, giving way to exotic touches of papaya. The long, harmonious final note stretches out, bringing together the succulence of a dish and the alchemy of a Grand Champagne. Made from 100% Chardonnay grapes.
• Duval – Leroy, Vertus, Brut Rosé NV
- Its salmon color, created from Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, holds one's eye and brings hints of amber to the fore. Its bouquet releases a wealth of aromas: wild cherries, figs and even a hint of ginger and geranium. With a solid maturity and balanced vinosity, this wine represents the best of what Duval-Leroy has to offer to knowledgeable wine lovers and fans of fine rosés.
• Duval - Leroy, Vertus, Femme de Champagne Vintage 1996
- This wine imposes itself freely, demonstrating its Grand Crus : 79% Chardonnay and 21% Pinot Noir. Hailing from well-chosen plots in the heart of their terroirs, the grape varieties used carry their excellent fruit through to maturity. This Champagne heightens all the senses: its refined elegance lets out a breath of flowery flavors with hints of lime blossom honey, brioche and hazelnuts; its personality expresses a deep intensity. Its velvety mousse fits perfectly with the whole taste balance. A lively impression prolongs its lasting effect. International awards and gold medals crown this cuvee's unique qualities.
• Duval – Leroy, Vertus, Lady Rosé NV
- Duval-Leroy Lady Rose Sec NV is made entirely from Pinot Noir grown in the Premier Cru of Vertus. The beautiful salmon-pink color of this Rose Champagne is obtained by the practice of 'saignee' or 'bleeding' the juice from the skins with only a short period of contact after crushing, a method only used be a very few Houses today. Matured for 2 years in a bottle, the result is a delicate, well rounded Champagne with gorgeous strawberry fruit flavors.Bookings Essential: Karat Caviar & Champagne Duval-Leroy Dinner – July 24, 2010,
Seating is limited and reservations are essential. Cost for dinner, including all wines and caviar Rp. 2,250,000 net (US$245).
Reservation are available by calling ++62-(0)361 300 6114
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.