Bisnisbali.com reports handicrafts and other non-mineral based exports from Bali to Europe increased 20.5% for the period January-May 2010 from US$68.9 million to US$83.1 million.
The increase, according to the head of the export section of Bali's Department of Commerce and Industry, Putu Bagiada, demonstrates the bright prospects for the future of Bali's exports.
Contributing to the leap in export to Europe, according to Bagiada, is the increased number of tourist flights to Bali from Europe which bring larger numbers of Europeans, some of whom are business people purchasing goods for export back to their home countries.
During the first five months of 2010 exports from Bali to :
• U.K. exports totaled US$8 million.
• The Netherlands totaled US$4.6 million
• France totaled US$21.2 million, an increase of 37% over the same period in 2009 (US$15.4 million).
• Italy totaled US$15.4 million, an increase of 15% over last year.
• Spain totaled US$10.7 million, increasing 26% over last year.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.