Indonesia's Ministry of Culture and Tourism recognized the country's best green areas and tourism operators at a gala dinner held in Jakarta on November 4, 2010, hosted by the Minster Jero Wacik.
Winning Cipta Green Awards as Indonesia's best managed and "green" destination areas were:
• Tanjung Putting Orang Utan National Park in Central Kalimantan.
• Elephant Safari Park and Lodge in Taro, Bali.
• Rinjani Mountain Trek in Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara.
Earning recognition as best government agency-managed destinations were:
• Tanah Lot, Bali
• Iboih Sea Gardens near Weh Island in Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam
Winning runner up awards for private sector managed destinations:
• Amanwana Resort at Pulau Moyo, West Nusa Tenggara
• Pasir Mukti Tourist Park in West Java.
• Sangeh Monkey Forest in Bali.
• Turtle Conservation area in the Derawan Archipelago , East Kalimantan
This was the first time the Cipta Green Awards were given to the private sector, public sector and individual or non-governmental agencies to recognize and encourage sustainable tourism management in Indonesia's.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.