Bali Discovery Tours: Homepage
Bali Hotels, Bali Villas and Bali News from balidiscovery.com
Home Bali Contact Bali Practicalities Bali News Bali Services Bali Transportation Bali Sports Bali Excursions Bali Villas Bali Hotels
Home · News · The Shifting Sands of Baliís Beaches
Bali Hotels, Bali Villas and Bali News from balidiscovery.com
Bali Hotels
Bali Villas
Special Deals!
Packages
MICE Handling
Bali Excursions
Culinary - Dining
Guided Tour
Bali Spas
Bali Sports
Diving
Golf
Bali Transportation
Car Rental - Selft Drive
Private Jet Charter
Bali News
Bali Services
Bali Practicalities
Bali Contact
Bali Career
Home
 
Bali Update
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!
 
PATA header
PATA Gold Award 2007
Bali Update
PATA Gold Award Winner 2007
 
Bali Contact
Bali Discovery Tours
Komplek Pertokoan
Sanur Raya No. 27
Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai,
Sanur, Bali, Indonesia

Tel:
++62 361 286 283

Fax:
++62 361 286 284

U.S.A. Fax:(toll free)
1-800-506-8633

U.K. Fax:
++44-20-7000-1235

Australian Fax:
++61-2-94750419

24h:
++62 812 3819724

Bali Discovery

SITE PATA ASITA
Bali News

The Shifting Sands of Baliís Beaches

Mining of Baliís Beaches Aggravating the Erosion of the Islandís Shorelines.


Bali News: Bali, Indonesia, beaches, erosion abrasion, Preservation and Conservation of the Environment Ė Bali, SKPPLH-Bali, Made Mangku, Buleleng, Denpasar, sand mining
Click Image to Enlarge

(6/27/2011)

From the total approximate 460 kilometers of Bali beachfront, nearly 40% has suffered severe erosion with the remaining 60% falling victim to at least light erosion. Moreover, according to Beritabal.com, the average of abrasion on some beaches in Bali is 4 meters each year.

The chairman of the Working Secretariat for the Preservation and Conservation of the Environment – Bali (SKPPLH-Bali), Made Mangku, says that one of the main causes of beach erosion in Bali is the large-scale mining of beach sand.

Suggesting the wide extent of the sand mining now underway, Mangku said: I once sat along the Bypass (highway) and in just one hour 38 trucks (full of sand) passed by. You can count that in 24 hours, if one truck holding 6-7 tons of sand.”

Mangku said the level of erosion and shore abrasion is worst in Bali’s north at Buleleng beach where 40% of that area’s beaches having suffered significant erosion.

But, according to Beritabali.com, the most widespread erosion and abrasion are found in Bali’s capital of Denpasar there the city’s entire 9 kilometers of breach front has been damaged.


© Bali Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.

       

 
Bali News by Bali Update
Subscribe to the Bali Update
Receive the latest news from Bali by email!



Our [Privacy Statement] explains how we handle the data you are providing.

 
Bali News by Bali Update
Explore the Archive of the Bali Update
Find related articles in our news archive!




or try to use Google Search :

Home · Bali Hotels · Bali Villas · Bali Excursions · Bali Sports · Bali News · Site Map · RSS

Bali News: More News
Amazing Grace
Grace Jones to Perform in Bali October 8, 2016
(7/29/2016)
Vanishing Stripes
Bali Safari and Marine Park Celebrates World Tiger Day to Warn the World of a Disappearing Species
(7/29/2016)
Bali to Remain Rainy Until End of Year
El Ninaís Impact on Baliís Weather Predicted to Persist Until End of 2016
(7/29/2016)
Indonesia Executes Four
Only Four of Previously Announced 14 Narcotics Prisoners Shot by Firing Squad in Central Java
(7/29/2016)
Russian Loses Battle with Indonesian Military
Russian Tourist May Face 7 Years in Prison for Robbing an Ungasan, Bali Moneychanger
(7/29/2016)
These Streets are Made for Pedestrians Denpasar Officials Seek to Keep Sidewalks Clean of Street Ven
Pushcart vendors (Pedagang Kaki Lima - PKL) who circulate Baliís capital of Denpasar are blamed for causing dirty streets, traffic jams and a host of other social ills.
(7/29/2016)
Shot with a Camera and a Gun
Police Shoot Kuta, Bali Thief After Theft from Tourist Caught on CCTV Camera
(7/29/2016)
Bali by Ancient Books
Traditional Lontar Exhibition at Hatten Wine Building August 4 Ė 7, 2016
(7/29/2016)
The Toast of Bali
St. Regis Bali Kayuputi and Lagunaís Arwana Cited by Wine Spectator Magazine
(7/29/2016)
Are you on the Run?
More than 1,500 Participants Expected at Herbalife Bali International Triathlon August 14, 2016
(7/25/2016)
Death at Double Six Beach
Canadian Presumed to Have Drowned Off Double Six Beach in Bali
(7/25/2016)
Danish Tourist Dies on Tour
Danish Tourist Dies of Apparent Heart Attack While Touring Baliís Rice Terraces
(7/25/2016)
All [News]!