Hash House Harriers (HHH) is an international group of non-competitive runners who meet on a regular basis at Hash Runs in locations around the world. The organization is dedicated to promoting physical fitness, the elimination of weekend hangovers, the promotion of beer drinking through the development of thirst and the proposition that fellow-hashers are not as old as they feel.
HHH is often depicted as a running club with a drinking problem or, alternatively, as a drinking club with a running problem,
Founded in 1938 in Malaysia, there are now more than 1,700 chapters around the world on seven continents. Since 1978 and every two years thereafter, Harriers gather for an Interhash
- multi-day event of running and drinking that now draw totals approaching 5,000 people.
will take place May 24-27, 2012 in Yogyakarta Central Java with a full program of runs, meals, drinking sessions and fun bazaars against the backdrop of ancient temples and royal palaces of Central Java.
Special Invitation to U.S. Hash Harries
Two veteran U.S. Harriers and organizers of many running tours around the world, Kurt and Sharon Bodmer, are organizing a group from the U.S.A. to participate in the four days of Interhash
events at Borobudur and Central Java and with an extended Indonesian extension program to Ubud, Bali and Komodo Island.
Space is limited on this special Interhash
tour to Indonesia in May of 2102 with a few remaining room and seats on the trans-Pacific flight still available from blockings. With up to 5,000 harriers expected in Central Java, when the blocking of rooms reserved for this trip are taken up it will be near impossible to secure additional space. So book now!
Experienced organizers of running groups and tour groups to Asia for more than four decades, Kurt and Sharon Bodmer’s trip highlights will include:
• Departure from Los Angeles with Cathay Pacific Airways
on May 19, 2012.
• Arrival in Singapore on May 21, 2012. Accommodation at the Hotel Marina Mandarin,
city tour and two tentative runs planned with local Harriers. Local transfers included.
• Flight from Singapore to Yogyakarta, Central Java on May 23, 2012 with accommodation at the Hotel Phoenix
. Transfers and transportation to all the Interhash events and parties.
• Flight to Bali on May 28, 2012 to 3 nights at the Maya Ubud Hotel.
Transfers, special meals and tours included.
• Flight to Labuan Bajo, West Flores on May 31, 2012 for three nights stay at the Bintang Flores Hotel
. Includes local tours, a possible local run and full-day visit to the Komodo National Park
– home to the world’s largest monitor lizards.
• Fly to Bali on June 3, 2012 for overnight at the Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
and farewell dinner.
• Departure on Cathay Pacific Airways
on June 4, 2012 for same day arrival in Los Angeles.
To obtain a complete itinerary and the cost of joining this trip which includes air to and from the West Coast, domestic and regional air transportation, accommodation throughout, full breakfast each day, a number of inclusive meals, parties and many other extras, contact Kurt Bodmer [Email Kurt Bodmer
[InterHash 2012 Website
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.