As reported by Balidiscovery.com, [See:Feeling Congested? Here’s the Cure!] the long-delayed delivery of buses from Jakarta to permit operation of the new Sarbagita Mass Transit System have now arrived in Bali and are expected to begin operating in August 2011.
Details of the new Bus system are slowing beginning to emerge, including:
• Each of the 15 buses operating the main routes are configured to handle 60 passengers, 40 seated and 20 standing.
• The tariff will be Rp. 3,500 (US$0.40) for adults and Rp. 2,500 (US$0.29) for students.
• The initial route for the Sarbagita System will be limited to a route from Batubulan through Sanur to Central Parkir and on to Nusa Dua.
• A local feeder network of small buses will serve a network of connections to the main bus routes.
• Because the fares on the Sarbagita System will be subsidized by the provincial government, the buses will not need to wait for a full load allowing then to adhere to a strict schedule with a new bus passing each halt every 15 minutes.
• Plans are for an evential 17 main routes served by the new buses and 32 “feeder” routes connection to the main bus arteries aerved by local private bus operators.
The exact date for commencement of service has yet to be formally announced, but is expected to occur sometime in August 2011.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.