Denpost reports that the Bali police have at least 9 major homicide cases that remain open and unsolved on their books.
Among the major recent murder cases that remain unresolved:
• The July 2009 murder of a Surabaya artists Septiawan, also known as “Iwa,” at his place of residence on Jalan Nusa Kambangan in West Denpasar remains unsolved despite earlier police reports that suspected the homicide was committed by a close friend.
• The November 9, 2009 death of Candra and Suparmi, employees of the Titiles meat processing company, who were both poisoned. Police have supposedly tied the deaths to an employee of the company. However, no arrests has been made in the case.
• Also unresolved is the July 14, 2010, brutal attack by a street gang at the Red Room Bar in Kuta in front a room full of customers that left one security guard badly injured and another, Bagus Alit Edi Sastrawan, dead. Police say they know the man guilty of the murder but, due to a lack of funds, are unable to arrest the man ssaid to be hiding in Australia.
• The September 28, 2010 murder of 38-year-old Jefri Sembiring whose nude body was found hastily buried next to his home a plant nursery on Jalan Raya Kuta. Police have issued a long-standing “wanted” warrant for a man identified as "Selamet" also know as "Arifin Hongkong" (30), an employee of Sembiring, but have yet to make an arrest in the case.
• The October 5, 2010 death of Hartoyo (38), a Ceramic salesman, who had his throat slit at his shop on Jalan Ngurah Rai Bypass in Kuta and died 2 days later at a local hospital. No arrest has been made in the case.
• The beating death and robbery of 46-year-old Luciana Burgess in her Umalas home on January 19. 2011 remains unsolved.
• The discovery on May 19, 2011 of the body of Marisinto Kariano (40) in the mangrove swamps of Serangan island in South Denpasar has not led to any suspects.
• No arrest has been made, despite the police issuing an arrest warrant for a man called "Mat Soleh," in connection with the July 2011 murder of a construction project supervisor, Hery Fauzi (40), at a residence on Jalan Segera Madu I, Kedonganan.
• A July 24, 2011 fight between youth gangs on Jalan Mahendrradatta in Denpasar resulted in the death of two boys from Banyuwangi – Abdul Rochim (22) and Gigih Prasetyo (23). Although there were witnesses to the altercation that led to the deaths and contact with other youths also injured in the fight, no arrests have been made by police.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.