The Seventh Annual Yak Awards 2011 were held on Friday, September 30, 2011 at the Tugu Hotel, Canggu.
Over five hundred of invitees and ticket holders were on hand – many dressing in “Nouveau Trad Glam”
while enjoying bountiful drinks and food supplied by 14 chefs from leading island hotels and eateries.
Musical entertainment for the evening convened the traditional with the contemporary with performances by “Sonic Soul,”
classic Balinese offerings by Mekar Buana Conservatory,
contemporary dance from Nyoman Sura, Jegog Siwentra Suarmantra
, vocal performances by Yasmin Suteja and Yuki, and a range of top local DJ talent.
Selected via on-line voting, these are the winners of the 2011 Yak Awards:
• Best Newcomer: Potato Head Beach Club Bali
• Best Retail Space: Deus Ex Machina
• Best Chef: James Ephram at Mozaic
• Best Sunset Venue: Rock Bar at AYANA Resort and Spa
• Best Restaurant: Sardine,
• Best Wine List: SIP!!
• Best DJ: Eric Entrena
• YAK Woman of the Year: Emily Bayliss, Potato Head Beach Club
• YAK Man of the Year: Dustin Humphrey, Deus ex Machina
• Best Community Service: Christina Iskandar, YPAC Handicapped Children
• Best Bar: Word of Mouth
, Jalan Kunti
• Best Villa: The Edge
• Best Spa: Karma Spa
• Best Fashion Label: BIASA
• Best Jewelry: Luke Stockley from Jemme
• Best Resort: Alila Uluwatu
• Best Ad Campaign: Biasa
• Best Event: ‘Empire of the Sun” at Potato Head
• Outstanding Achievement: Janice Girardi, BAWA Foundation
for fight against rabies.
Photos shown on balidiscovery.com
from the Yaka Awards 2011
courtesy of Yaeko Masuda, Fiorenzo Nisi and Josh Howard.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.