Two talent-filled evenings of classical music will highlight the holiday season in Bali this year with concert programs featuring world-caliber artists in two performances on December 28 and 29, 2011.
- Boris Kraljevic – A Montenegrin pianist now teaching at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts in Singapore
- Neil Franks – a student of Prof Kraljevic and now an accomplished pianist in his own right
- Ariana Jacob – among the “new generation” of French pianist, Jacob has studied with Catherine Collard and Dominique Merlet. She enjoys a busy international recording and performance schedule.
- Chang Tou Liang – a talented man of many parts, Dr. Chang is a practicing family physician, a classical music reviewer for the Straits Times in Singapore, and the former Artistic Director of the Singapore International Piano Festival.
- Yoojin Jung – a South Korean native who has performed with orchestras in her homelands and with the Budapest Festival Orchestra. Past performances have garnered honors in New Zealand and South Korea.
- Philippe Bernold – a past winner of the Jean-Pierre Rampal International Flute Competition, Bernold is a leading representative of the French school of flute.
- Beomjae Kim – an accomplished performer who has participated in concerts in the United States, Europe and Asia, The December concert will mark a return appearance in Bali, one of his favorite stops on a busy schedule of international performance. In early 2012, Jim will perform with the Oberlin Chamber Orchestra under the direction of Raphael Jiménez.
- Nancy Yuen – Born in Hong Kong but now resident in Singapore, Nancy Yuen Miu Fen graduated from the Royal Academy of Music in London and has appeared with the Welsh National Opera, English National Opera, West Australian Opera, Opera Queensland, Northern Ireland Opera and the Singapore National Opera. Her signature role is a Cio-cio-san in Madama Butterfly, but she also commands a wide repertoire encompassing Violetta in La Traviata, Gilda in Rigoletto, Rosalinda in Die Fledermaus, the title role in Tosca, Mimi in La Boheme, Pamina in The Magic Flute, Donna Anna in Don Giovanni and Liu in Turandot. She is the head of the Vocal Studies Department at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts in Singapore.
The rare nights of outstanding classical performance will feature the works of Puccini, Beethoven, Liszt, Rachmaninov and Chopin.
- Wednesday, December 28, 2011 – Hotel Tugu Bali at 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 29, 2011 – Canggu Club at 7:00 p.m.
Rp. 550,000 (US$61) for concert and buffet dinner.
Rp. 300,000 (US$33) for concert only.
Reservations are essential:
Hotel Tugu Bali
, Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong +62 (0)361 4731 701 [email]
, Jalan Pantai Berawa +62 (0)361 844 6385
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.