What You Need to Know About the Bali Toll Way
Developers Announce Benoa - Nusa Dua Toll Way Fee will be Rp. 10,000 (US$1.10) When Road Opens in 2013
|Click Image to Enlarge
More details are emerging on the construction of the 12-kilometer-long suspended highway now under construction to connect Benoa Harbor with Bali’s Ngurah Rai Airport and Nusa Dua.
- The project total cost is put at Rp. 2.49 trillion (US$276. 6 million)
- The project is owned by 7 State owned companies: PT Jasa Marga (60%), PT Pelindo III (20%), PT Angkasa Pura I (10%), PT Wijaya Karya (5%), PT Hutama Karya (2%), PT Adhi Karya (2%) and Bali Tourism Development Corporation (1%).
- The conglomerate building the toll way have a concession to operate the road for 45 years.
- The project is expected to take 14 months to complete, with a two-month trial operation period scheduled to begin in March 2013.
- The toll way is being constructed to allow speeds of up to 80 kilometers per hour.
- Built over a protected mangrove reserve, developers have promised not to destroy any tress in the process of building the road.
- The road will have two lanes of traffic travelling in both directions. In addition, there will be two separate side lane reserved exclusively for motorcycles.
- According to Bisnis Indonesia, Sedans, Jeeps, Pick Up, small trucks and busses (Golongan I) will pay a tentative Rp. 10,000 (US$1.10) to travel on the new roadway.
- The rate for motorcycles has yet to be announced.
[Come Fly with Me
[It Tolls for Thee
[To the Trenches!
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.