Bali Daily reports that the Bali chapter of the Indonesian Tour Guide Association (HPI-Bali) is urging a uniform standard of guide fees be paid to all licensed guides.
At present Bali have 5,265 licensed and registered tour guides, 60% of whom are freelance guides unattached to local tour agencies.
The set tariff for tour guide services are reviewed and revised once every two years and submitted to the provincial government of Bali for ratification.
The new tariff is published to all members of the Indonesian Association of Travel Agents (ASITA). Ketut Arsana of ASITA Bali insist that members of his association pay in accordance with the tariff set by the government.
“The tour guides are our partners, they are on the front line dealing with the guests. So, they are entitled to their rights. If there are any agencies providing fees lower than standard, please do report it to us,” said Arsana.
An outline of the new tour rates set by HPI-Bali:
- Fee for transferring visitors between Ngurah Rai International Airport or the Seaport of Benoa and locations in South island range between Rp. 37,400 (US$4.08) and Rp. 57,200.
- Fee for transferring visitors between Ngurah Rai International Airport or the Seaport of Benoa and locations in Ubud and Gianyar between Rp 48,400 (US$ 5.26) and Rp 70,400 (US$7.65).
- Fee for transferring visitors between Ngurah Rai International Airport or the Seaport of Benoa and locations in Candi Dasa, Bedugul, Mengwi, Padang Bai, Lovina and Gilimanuk is between Rp. 70,800 (US$7.70) and Rp. 97,200 (US$10.57).
- Half-day tours (four hours) at Rp. 45,100 (US$4.90)
- Six-hour tours at Rp. 53,900 (US$5.86)
- Full-day tours between Rp. 91,200 (US$9.91) and Rp. 109,200 (US$11.87).
- Overnight tours on Bali for a minimum fee of Rp. 152,400 (US$16.56) per day.
- For overnight off island tours the daily fee is RP. 414,000 (US$45).
- The minimum fee for a mixed destination (Bali and beyond) is Rp 331,200. (US$36).
- Special activity tours such a trekking Rp. 134,400 (US$14.60).
- Tours for temple festivals, including cremations Rp. 117,600 (US$12.80).
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.