The Inner Wheel Club of Bali Seminyak is raising funds for the war against cancer via a Think Pink 2012 Fashion Show and Luncheon to raise funds for the new Breast Cancer Awareness Center in Denpasar and to provide free mammograms for underprivileged women in Bali.
The event will include a fashion parade and three-course luncheon at Métis Restaurant. The afternoon will also feature raffle prizes, and both a silent and live auction.
Bali is recording alarming increases in the rate of breast cancer, due, in part, to:
- Lack of diagnostic equipment
- Insufficient surgical oncologists
- No mass-screening program
- High costs of breast cancer treatment
- Increasing use of alternative medicines
- Social, cultural and religious factors and fears
- No palliative care for terminally ill cancer patients
- Lack of government funding for breast cancer awareness programs or treatment
- The advance state of the disease when women first seek treatment.
All proceeds from the October 26th event will be used for Bali’s first Breast Cancer Support Center
, providing needed support in the battle against cancer.
Tickets are Rp. 300,000 each (US$31.50) and can be purchased through 5:00 pm October 24, 2012 at Métis Restaurant
[Email for more information
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.