The Legian Bali and Laurent d'Harcourt, Managing Director of Pol Roger are creating an opportunity for visitors and residents in Bali to enjoy an exclusive Pol Roger Champagne Dinner on Saturday, November 24, 2012.
The evening starts with a cocktail reception on The Sun Deck by The Ocean Bar at 7:00 pm. An elegant four-course dinner follows at The Restaurant served by executive chef Dorin Schuster, each course carefully paired with:
- Pol Roger Brut Réserve 2000
- Pol Roger Brut Blanc de Blancs 2002
- Pol Roger Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill 1999
- Pol Roger Brut Rosé 2000
EXCLUSIVELY WITH POL ROGER AT THE LEGIAN BALI
Saturday, 24th November 2012
Cocktails at 7:00 pm
Gougères Cheese & Truffle Salsa Cones Tomato & Sesame Cones Oyster Shooters Zucchini Flower Tempura
Pol Roger Brut Réserve NV
– An equal blend of Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay. The flagship label of Pol Roger,
it has a light straw color, a creamy looking wine with an elegant fruity nose with notes of citrus, yeast and water cracker crust. Sharp mouth-feel with dark yeast, oak, vegetative crispness and fruity balance.
Ahi Tuna Tuna Sashimi, Semi–Dried Tomato, Iberian Pancetta, Mild Goat Cheese, Rucola
Pol Roger Brut Réserve 2000
- The 2000 harvest continued where the 1999 left off: hot, rainy and with little sunshine. The outlook in general was guarded, but good weather returned before harvest, which was ripe and abundant. The wines contained satisfactory levels of alcohol and acidity.
Scampi & Scallop Steamed Scampi and Grilled Scallop, Palm Heart, Champagne Nage, Avruga Caviar
Pol Roger Blanc de Blancs 2000
- Formerly known as Pol Roger Chardonnay
, the Blanc de Blancs shows the full extent of the Pol repertoire and their deftness with the single varietal cuvée.
Sourced from Grand Cru vineyards in the Côte des Blancs, namely Cramant, Le Mesnil, Oger, Avize and Oirey, and afforded generous ageing on lees, this is a benchmark Chardonnay, combining feminine elegance, chalky charm and distinctive ripeness.
Quail & Foie Gras Stuffed Quail and Périgord Foie Gras, Iberian Blood Sausage, Mushroom, Anna Potato
Pol Roger Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill 1999 -
Sir Winston Churchill was Pol Roger's
most illustrious devotee and customer. This champagne is made in his honor. The composition of the blend is a closely guarded family secret but from tasting it is likely that the champagne features a large percentage of Pinot Noir with the remainder made up from Chardonnay. The grapes are all from Grand Cru vineyards that were under vine during Churchill’s lifetime and it is only ever made in the very best vintages. It is made in a style which Churchill himself favored: robust, mature and long-lived.
Raspberry & Tamarillo Raspberry Mille–feuille, Tamarillo Sorbet
Pol Roger Rosé 2002
- A delicate, soft pink with Pol Roger's hallmark fine mousse. The nose is fresh, lively and fruity. First impressions are of red fruits, strawberry and raspberry, with a fresh but lingering bouquet. This is followed by warmer notes of wheat and dried cereals. Powerful and vinous in the mouth, the wine develops a fleshy texture underpinned by a firm backbone promising a long life.
Price and More Information
The cocktail reception and four-course dinner with paired Champagnes costs Rp, 1,200,000 plus tax and service (US$151).
Reservations are essential. For bookings or more information telephone +62-(0)361-730622 or [Email]
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.