Gary Rosen has returned to Bali to head the soon-to-be-opened Mantra Nusa Dua ResortĖ the first Asian property of the Australia-based Mantra Group, located in the hills of Sawangan, Nusa Dua. The new property offers 172 guest rooms including 24 suites, a spa & wellness facility and extensive conference space.
Garyís last Bali assignment was as the Executive Chef of the Conrad Bali Resort that ended in 2008 when he left to take the job of executive assistant manager food and beverage at the InterContinental in Tel Aviv. From Israel Rosen moved to London in February 2008 where he developed a number of restaurant and catering services.
After London, Rosen shifted once more †to the role of F&B Director at the Marco Polo Shensehn where he stayed until moving back to Bali in Nobember 2012 to assume the general managerís role at the Matra Nusa Dua.
Mantra Nusa Dua
The 172-rooms at the Mantra Nusa Dua are contemporary in design boasting plush†bedding with 300-thread count bed sheets, individually controlled air conditioning, flat screen LCD televisions with satellite channels, telephones, complimentary Wi-Fi, voicemail, private bar, coffee and tea making facilities and a personal safe.
Rosenís well-known culinary expertise will be brought to bear on the Mantra Resorts food and beverage outlets that include:
- Rasa - an all-day dining restaurant offering coastal influenced menu with accents of Asian spices. The emphasis is on healthy cooking styles, perfectly grilled meats, poultry and a rich assortment of local seafood and fish. Rasa will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 7am to 11pm.
- ORCHID LOUNGE offers a casual yet elegant, al-fresco lounge for the enjoyment of a wide selection of tea and coffee, including afternoon tea, chilled drinks or light fare. Open from 10 am to late.
- GALLERY CAFE - Located on the ground floor, adjacent to the Chakra Spa & Wellness Centre, the Gallery Cafe offers gourmet coffees, fragrant fine-leaf teas, dcakes and†pastries, healthy juices, and freshly prepared sandwiches. Open for light snacks and†drinks from 10am to 6pm.
- CueBar - is an integrated sports bar concept offering a lively mix of dining, games†and the excitement of sports viewing in a fun, high energy environment. The menu†features comfort foods, along with a selection of beverages including†draft beers. Nintendo Wii stations, foosball tables, pool tables, and dart games are†available. Open from 11am to 1am,
- SPLASH - the resortís poolside bar offering comfort food with an edge. The men features†innovative sandwiches, upmarket Asian street snacks, crisp salads, and tropical fruits.†Beverage selection includes soft drinks, fresh juices, tropical cocktails and ice-cold†beers. Open from 8am to 11pm
Passionate about food, Rosen writes his own food blog at [www.culinarygypsy.com
[Gary Rosen: In Praise of Slow Food
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.