The Australian Airline Customer Advocate (ACA) has published a report comparing for the period July to December 2012 the Australian carriers flying internationally, measuring each airline in terms of the number of complaints received.
According to the statistics compiled by ACA, the winners and losers were:
- Virgin Australia ranked best, with only 0.14 complaints received by the ACA for every 100,000 passengers carried.
- QANTAS came in second-best with 0.16 complaints per 100,000 passengers flown.
- Jetstar racked up 1.44 complaints per 100,000 passengers.
- For cancellation and refund requests, Tiger Airways ranked worst with average 2.17 complaints per 100,000 passengers during the period June-December 2013.
ACA who serve the public by moderating complaints against the airlines say they received a total of 442 complaints during the July-December 2012 period. Of that total, 429 complaints were finalized with 283 in the passengers' favor. The average complaint took 14.3 days to resolve.
The ranking top complaints received by ACA were:
- Cancellation/refund request 31%
- Flight delay or cancellation 18%
- Fees or charges 16%
- Website 9%
- Terms and conditions 5%
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.