The National News Agency Antara reports that the political pairing of Gede Winasa and Ketut Sudiartana will be unable to compete as candidates in the election of Bali governor and vice-governor on May 15, 2013. Winasa and Sudiartana’s disqualification stems from their failure to meet all the administrative qualifications set forth by the Public Election Commission (KPU).
The KPU chairman for Bali, Ketut Sukawati Lanang Putra Perbawa, said on Wednesday, March 6, 2013: “Those who have files complete and corrected candidacies are the pairs of Pastika-Sudikerta an Puspayoga-Sukrawan. Meanwhile, the filing of the pair Winansa- Sudiartana remains incomplete.”
Previously, KPU Bali had advised all those aspiring to run for governor and vice-governor that their officials filings would need to be handed in by 3:30 pm on Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
The team comprised of the former Bupati of Jembrana Gede Winasa and businessman I Putu Sudiartana only appeared at the KPU office after the official deadline on Wednesday, technically disqualifying their candidacy.
Lanang added: “Our staff at the KPU actually called the candidates, reminding them to be on time. The pair of Pastika and Puspayoga came at mid-day and completed their filing.”
Winasa and Sudiartana missed the deadline, failing to submit documents substantiating the claim of support from 28 different political parties. The KPU had only received proof of support for the two candidates from six political parties.
Lanang Perbawa said that although the filings of Pastika-Sudikerta and Puspayoga-Sukrawan appeared complete his office would still need to undertake a final review and verification.
Meanwhile, Wayan Sumardika, the head of Winasa-Sudiartana election team told the press that his campaign organization would not fault the KPU Bali or any other pary for the lateness in filing the required documents.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.