While Australia runs a very successful “Best Job in the World” campaign enticing the lucky winner with offers of life on an idyllic tropical island, an Indonesian Cruise and Resort Company - Bali Hai Cruises may have just done them one better.
Bali Hai Cruises – the well known and long-established Bali cruise and resort company has announced they're employment search for an Executive Chef to take on a lead role in the re-launch of Beach Club Restaurant and Bar on Nusa Lembongan Island, the nearest island neighbor to Bali.
The company is seeking a talented, motivated, energetic and creative chef to assist in the setup and daily running of the brand new Beach Club Restaurant and Bar.
Couples are open to apply as a secondary position as resort manager may also be available.
The job covers a small beach resort with 17 rooms and two food and beverage outlets. Responsibilities will include a soon-to-be-established a la carte restaurant and a Beach Club outlet. The company structure is not hotel based and the position will demand someone who can deal with both a challenging operation and location; able to use knowledge and experience to streamline and improve the day-to-day operation.
The person selected to this role with Bali Hai Cruises will:
- Have a thorough hands-on approach, able to maintain and improve standards of product.
- Maintain and improve standard of service and operations, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
- Control departmental expenses including food costs and wages, in line with business levels.
- Implement and monitor all health, safety and hygiene practices and procedures .
- Implement and monitor departmental training and development plans via an appraisal process.
- Be able to motivate, coach and build a team.
- Will have a minimum of 5 years solid experience in various areas of hotel/resort kitchens.
- Good understanding of all applicable health and safety legislation and experience working with strict health & hygiene regimes.
- Full understanding of food control, experience in ordering and menu pricing.
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate others to achieve.
- Possess proven man-management, coaching and team building skills.
- Have a desire and ability to deliver quality a la carte and buffet food.
- Have experience in large volume functions and weddings
- Have experience in interviewing, appraisal and training
The salary for this tropical island based position is negotiable.
The subject position commences July 1, 2013.
The deadline for sending job applications and resumes is June 15, 2013
Applications can be sent to and further information obtained from [Email – Bali Hai Cruises Executive Chef Position
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.