Rimba Jimbaran Bali, the Sister Hotel of AYANA Resort and Spa Bali, will open its doors on September 2013, sharing the same spacious cliff top perch over the Indian Ocean.
Under the shared management of Capella Hotel Group, RIMBA Jimbaran Bali will have 297 rooms and suites to augment AYANA’s existing 368 rooms and villas.
The 8-hectares occupied by Rimba Jimbaran Bali are part of AYANA’s 77-hectare plot overlooking Jimbaran Bay, just 12 kilometers from Bali’s airport.
Capella Hotel Group chairman Horst Schulze said the opening of RIMBA underscores the owner’s continued investment in the property and commitment to the highest standards of quality and service.
Rimba’s name, which is Indonesian for ‘forest,’ reflects its setting and sustainable design. A central feature of the innovative design is the one-hectare of multi-tiered swimming pools and expansive tree plantations, tropical flowers and organic fruit and vegetable gardens. The landscaping by St Legere is contoured to create different levels and slopes striving to duplicate the experience of entering a national park with undulating tree-lined entrance and scenic trails.
The resort’s elevated hillside location affords both sunrise and sunset views, looking out over the Uluwatu Hills to the southeast, and to the Indian Ocean fronting AYANA’s 1.3-kilometer coastline to the southwest.
The Rimba’s commitment to sustainability is pronounced and evident throughout the hotel in elements such as:
- Rainwater harvesting and water recycling plant.
- Resort Lobby made of recycled wood from three old fishing boats personally sourced by RIMBA’s engineers in Sulawesi, and driftwood, which they gathered by hand along a one-mile stretch of beach.
- Natural light maximized in rooms and public spaces via features such as a sky-light running from the Lobby to To’ge restaurant and bakery on the ground floor.
- Walls made from handmade bricks.
- Furniture made from recycled packing crates and other materials.
- UNIQUE rooftop bar featuring recycled glass bottles.
- On-site greenhouse and organic fruit garden.
- Eco amenities in all guest rooms, such as bathroom amenities made of recycled glass, and beach bags made of recycled materials.
Linked to AYANA
by scenic jogging trails and shuttle bus service, Rimba’s strategic location also enables the new property to support accommodation needs and additional function and meeting space for large corporate and wedding events held at AYANA.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.