The ninth annual Yak Awards were handed out in a gala evening of food, drink and musical entertainment held at Vue Beach Club @LV8 Berawa on Friday, September 27, 2013.
The theme for this year’s awards party was “More than Just Motown”
celebrating the lifestyle and the music of the late 1950s, 1960s and early 1970s. Music for the evening was provided by DJ Gus Till
and The Jim Larkin Motown Band.
THE YAK AWARDS 2013
Conducted by Bali’s leading lifestyle magazine – The Yak
- winners were nominated and selected via an on-line voting system.
This year’s awardees bringing home an attractive trophy were:
- Best Newcomer: Merah Putih
- Best Retail Space: Beachwalk/Satu
- Best Chef: Ben Cross, Mejekawi
- Best Sunset Venue: El Kabron
- Best Restaurant: Sarong
- Best Wine List: Winehouse
- Best DJ: Daniel Ka, Ku De Ta
- Yak Woman of the Year: Sinta Maroe, Rainbow Community
- Yak Man of the Year: Tah Riq, Inspirational Activist
- Best Community Service: Bali Children, Margaret Barry
- Best Bar: Charlie
- Best Villa: Luna 2
- Best Spa: Cocoon Medical Spa
- Best Fashion Label: Farah Khan
- Best Jewelry Design: Jemme
- Best Resort: The Oberoi Bali
- Best Ad Campaign: Plaga Wine
- Best Event: Bikini Tribal Party, Ku De Ta
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Natalia Perry, Safechilhoods Foundation
Shown on Balidiscovery.com
are some snapshots from the Yak Awards 2013 Party.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.