Smart Travel Asia 2013
has announced the results of its latest travel poll of the best brands in travel.
A prestigious survey of truly “smart travelers” - those voting in the poll took an average of 12.32 air trips each year and earn an average of US$156,307
Readers of Smart Travel
vote for the best brands based on use of the products, feedback from friends and brand visibility in their browsing space.
The award program is now in its ninth year and is a distillation of readers’ perceptions and favorite travel brands. Votes are based on substantial hands-on travel experience.
In a side and very interesting survey of respondents, 50.6% of those survived said they make travel booking through their travel agent, 35.2% through an on-line-travel-agent (OTA) and 14.2%
The Island of Bali was named the 2nd best holiday destination after Bangkok, slipping one place from the top position won last year.
Bali hotels predominated in the rankings for top leisure hotel and resorts.
Highlights from the Smart Travel Asia 2013 Awards:
Complete Results of Smart Travel Asia 2013
- Singapore Airlines and Emirates were ranked as the Best Airline.
- Singapore Airlines ranked as the top Business Class while Garuda entered the ranking at #10.
- Singapore Airlines won top billing in terms of Airline cabin service with Garuda joining the top ten at #9.
- AirAsia was ranked as the best very best budget carries. Virgin Air came in at #10
- Bangkok won the best holiday destination. Bali who ranked #1 in last year’s survey came in as #2 in 2013.
- Singapore was named the world’s best airport.
- Shangri-La won best Hotel Brand. But brands represented in Bali did well with Four Seasons (2); Grand Hyatt (3); Conrad (6); Aman Resorts, JW Marriott and W Hotels tied at (7); Sheraton (8), Sofitel and Westin tied at (9); Hard Rock Hotels and InterContinental Hotels tied at (10).
- The Best Conference Hotel ranking went to The Fullerton Hotel Singapore. The Bali inclusions in the list were The Westin Nusa Dua Bali at (12) and Grand Hyatt Bali (14).
- The Banyan Tree in Phuket, Thailand was named best Spa and Hotel and Resort. Included in this category form Bali were: Bulgari Hotel and Resort (2), AYANA Resort and Spa Bali (3). Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay (5), Grand Hyatt Bali (7), The Royal Pita Maha Bali (10), Hotel Tugu Bali and The Legian Bali (12), The Samaya Seminyak (16), The W Retreat and Spa (17), The St. Regis Bali (18), Como Shambhala Estates Bali (21), and InterContinental Bali Resort (22).
- The contest for the 25 Top Leisure Hotel and Resort saw #1 garnered by The Nam Hai in Hoi An, Vietnam. Bali hotels making the top 25 in this division were: Amankila Bali, Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay and The Legian Bali – all tied for (4); Amandari Resort in Ubud (5); Grand Hyatt Bali (6); Bulgari Resort Bali (7); Alila Villa at Uluwatu, Bali (9); AYANA Resort and Spa Bali (10); The Chedi Club at Tanah Gajah, Ubud and The Royal Pita Maha Bali tied at (15); Jimbaran Puri Bali (18); The St. Regis Bali and W Retreat and Spa Bali tied at (19); InterContinental Bali Resort (20); The Mulia Bali (23); and Conrad Bali (25),
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.