To print: Click here or select File and then Print from your browser's menu.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2011 - 2016 Bali Discovery Tours, All rights reserved.
This message originated from http://www.balidiscovery.com/
Find it online at http://www.balidiscovery.com/messages/message.asp?Id=9870
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Please Prepare Correct Change

After One Week of Free Passage, Mandara Bali Toll Usage Drops Dramatically as Tolls are Charged.

(10/4/2013) While more than 120,000 vehicles travelled Bali’s new Mandara Toll Road in a single day during its opening week of free usage, those numbers declined markedly when the toll booths opened and began charging fees on October 1, 2013.

On the first day of tollbooth operation the number of vehicles on the road totaled 38,436 – a total roughly in line with daily projections by the road’s operator PT Jasa Marga Bali Tol of 40,000 but one-third of the peak usage during the free-trial period.

Of that total, 53% of the passing traffic was comprised of motorcycles using the specially designed separate motorcycle lanes with the remaining 47% comprised of cars, vans, busses and trucks. The composition is a variance somewhat with the operator’s projection that 55% of all traffic would be four-wheeled sedans or larger and 45% motorcycles.

Motorcycles are charged Rp. 4,000 (US$0.35), while sedans are charged Rp. 10,000 (US$0.87). Busses and truck pay higher fees.

Related Article

Driving Takes a Toll

The Road to Bali