A Farewell Vote of Thanks
Governor Pastika Ends Term of Office by Honoring Bali’s Activists in Cultural Preservation
As his last term of office drew to a close, Bali Governor Made Mangku Pastika presented 6 leading members of the community with “Bali Mandara Parama Nugraha 2018” awards on Tuesday night, August 28, 2018.
As reported by Balipost.com, the six people honored for fostering and preserving Balinese culture with awards were:
- ABG Satria Naradha the leader of the Bali Post Group.
- Ketut Bangbang Gde Rawi – the person who pioneered the publication of Bali’s traditional calendar.
- Pande Wayan Suteja Neka – the founder of the Neka Museum, active in the preservation of Balinese culture.
- Grace M. Tarjoto – credited and the savior of red rice at the Jatiluwih rice terraces.
- I Made Sidja – a multi-talented Balinese artists who remains active even at an advance age.
- I Nyoman Nuarta – the Balinese sculptor who created the iconic Garuda Wisnu Kencana monument.
The Governor used the occasion to thank those who supported him during his period of service, while apologizing if his work fell short of the hopes and aspirations of his constituents.
Opening the award ceremony, Governor Pastika begged his leave at the end of his assignment as Bali’s chief executive. Adding: “On this happy night I ask my leave because I have ended my period of public service as Bali’s governor. Beginning tomorrow, I will dedicate myself to Bali in different fields.”
The Governor touched many hearts in attendance by closing the program by singing a Broery Marantika hit song of “Selamat Tinggal” or “Good bye.”