No Bar to Leather in Sanur
Sanur Residents in Bali Protest Illegal Condominium Project and Bar in Batujimbar Alleged to Be Owned and Operated by Australian Motorcycle Game
NusaBali reports that a four-story structure being erected in Batujimbar at Gang Penjor Agung No.15 off Jalan Danau Tamblingan in Sanur has provoked angry reactions from local residents who claim the project is illegal and does not hold the mandatory written statement of “no objection” (persetujuan penyanding) required from adjacent property owners.
The 4-story building, alleged to be controlled by an Australian national, is located behind – The Club House Bar reportedly owned by the Australian that residents claim has no operational license and is a popular venu for members of foreign motorcycle gangs.
One of the adjacent property owners said the four-story building has been under construction for the past 7 months. Adding: “I don’t agree with the four-story building being built. It is disturbing the peace and calm of the community and the construction project does not hold the required building permit (IMB). How can this project be under construction without the 'persetujuan penyanding.' " The man, who preferred not to be named, said the construction is taking place very close to a village sacred site that is not allowed under Balinese zoning rules and local tradition.
Despite the failure to have complete building and operating permits in hand, The Club House Condominiums are being openly marketed online, an act that would constitute fraudulent business practice in most jurisdictions.
While the Dempasar government has visited and inspected the site in the past, apparently no resolute sanctions or closure of the site resulted from that visit. The adjacent property owners were, however, summoned to a meeting at Sanur Neighborhood Office (Kantor Kelurahan) on August 6, 2018, when no agreement on how to handle the violation of the lack of "persetujuan penyanding" letters was achieved.
In response, the head of the Zoning office for the Municipality of Denpasar, I Gede Cipta Sudewa, told Nusa Bali that three warning letters have allready been issued to the project and the case has been handed to the local enforcement agency (Satpol PP) for further action that should have required the closure and possible demolishment of the project. Sudewa said: “We’ve already given copies of the SP3 (third warning) to Satpol PP in connection with this project. Go ask the Satpol PP if they are handling this matter!”
When Dewa Anom Sayoga, the head of the Enforcement Agency for Denpasar (Kasat Pol PP Kota Denpasar), was contacted, he explained that the owner of the building had been summoned. “The building under construction, the large motorcycles that enter and leave the small alleyway, the complaints about 'persetujuan penyanding' have been repeatedly mentioned in the social media and by the group PRO Bali have caused us to take the step of summoning the owner. If the final warning (SP3) has already been issued, we are prepared to enforce the law and to seal and close the site in cooperation with the Department of Public Works and Housing (PUPR).