Villa Fire in Sanur, Bali

Fire Destroys Thatch-Roofed Expat Villa Complex on Jalan Pengemback in Sanur, Bali

A villa located on Jalan Pengembak No. 14 in Sanur were destroyed by fire on Sunday evening, May 5, 2019. The fire, according to NusaBali, started at 11:00 pm destroyed a villa, kitchen, and a gazebo owned by a French national, Evelyne Borfiga (50).

South Denpasar police say the fire was initially discovered by a villa resident – one of some 12 foreigners who lived at the address.

A short-circuit is thought to have been the cause of the fire. Just prior to the fire being discovered, the light went out at the complex. Villa staff re-engaged the fuse box about 30-minutes before the fire started in the roof of one of the buildings. No injuries were reported in connection with the blaze

The villa worker who noticed the fire screamed and raised the alarm permitting the residents to leave the building safely. Fire extinguishers available at the villa were inadequate to control the inferno in a building using thatched grass for roofing.

The Chilean Consulate located immediately adjacent to the villa suffered fire damage from the blaze.

8 fire trucks from the Disaster Mitigation Agency-Denpasar (BPBD-Denpasar) and BPBD-Badung responded to the fire that required 8 hours to extinguish.

Recent post