In the latest instructions published by the Ministry of Home Affairs limiting public movements on Java and Bali (PPKM) published to limit the spread of COVID-19, the entry of foreigners into Indonesia by stipulating permissible ports of entry.
As reported by Kompas.com, the Minister of Home Affairs, Tito Karnavian, has established six international air gateways for Indonesia, two of which are located in the Riau archipelago.
The six official international air gateways are:
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (Tangerang, Banten)
- Juanda International Airport (Surabaya, East Java)
- Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar, Bali)
- Hang Nadim International Airport (Batam, Riau Archipelago)
- Raja Haji Fisabilillah (Tanjung Pinang, Riau Archipelago)
- Sam Ratulangi International Airport (Manado, North Sulawesi)
The Home Affairs Minister also set two sea gateways for international arrivals stipulating Bali and the Riau Archipelago to visit cruise ships and yachts.