A Kite with a Mighty Kick

14-Year Old Bali Boy Seriously Injured in Kite Flying Incident
Bali’s love for kite flying reaches maniacal proportion during the annual kite-flying season of May-August each year, with the unfortunate by product of damaged homes, dented vehicles and short-circuited high power lines that come into contact with king-sized kites.

Balipost.com reposts that a 14-year-old boy, identified only with the initials JS, lost consciousness and suffered severe burns over large areas of his body when his kite became entangled with an electrical transformer in Muding Indah, North Bali on Friday, May 25, 2018.

When the young boy’s kite snagged on the transformer he decided to climb the electrical pole to retrieve it. In the process he suffered an electrical shock that threw him from the pole and left him on the ground unconscious and suffering from severe electrical burns.

The boy was wearing jeans and a t-shirt at the time of the incident. When local residents came to the boy’s assistance they discovered burned clothing and severe burns to the boy's legs and arms.

The boy’s mother rushed to the scene and accompanied her son by ambulance to a nearby hospital.

No further update has been received on the boy’s condition.

Recent post