The 15 Indonesian airports managed by PT Angkasa Pura I (API) handled 4.715 million inbound and outbound passengers traveling on 39,706 flight movements during June 2022.
As reported by Kompas.com, compared to one year before – June 2021, passenger traffic increased 37% while aircraft movements were up by 6%. In June 2021, a total of 3.44 million passengers on 42,324 flights were recorded by API.
The CEO of API, Faik Fahmi, noting the increase in passengers and flights, commented: “The continuing trend in passenger growth over this year is a positive sign of the recovery of the public’s faith in air travel.”
Bali’s Ngurah Rai Airport
Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport recorded the highest number of passengers and flights in June 2022 among the 15 airports managed by API.
Flights and passenger numbers at API-managed air gateways in June ranked in order of the three leading busiest airports.
· Bali’s Ngurah Rai Internation Airport: 1.1 million passengers comprising 754,188 domestic and 364,910 international passengers.
· Surabaya’s Juanda International Airport: 995,621 passengers comprising 855,345 domestic passengers, 74,334 international passengers, and 65,942 transit travelers.
· Makassar’s Sultan Hasanuddin Airport: 873,809 passengers comprising 658,087 domestic passengers, 9,584 international passengers, and 206,138 transit passengers.
In terms of aircraft movement, the top three airports in terms of ranking:
· Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport was ranked first in June 2022 with 7,027 flights broken down into 5,105 domestic flights and 1,922 international flights.
· Surabaya’s Juanda International Airport ranked second with 6,839 flights broken down into 6,355 domestic and 484 international flights.
· Makassar’s Sultan Hasanuddin Airport ranked third with 6,829 flights comprised of 6,768 domestic and 61 international flights.
Aviation Focus: Bali Business Lunch 21 July