“Indefatigable” would be a good word to describe successful Bali businessman – Reinhold Jantzen.
Reinhold Jantzen was born in Hamburg, Germany, in 1940, when humankind had just embarked on WWII. By 1980, following education and overseas assignments in various fishery projects in Sri Lanka and Indonesia, Jantzen found himself busily establishing a family and a business destined to become a significant force in the local business community.
His Bali sojourn also included commencing in 1996, 27 years of dedicated service to the Federal Republic of Germany as Honorary Consul in Bali.
In 1983, the Jantzen family established PT Soejasch Bali – a company producing and distributing fine food products. Over the past four decades, PT Soejasch Bali has grown into a nationwide concern with branch offices in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Bandung, and Surabaya. At the Company’s core is international quality meat products, including german sausages and hams, cold cuts, and salami.
While many Indonesian companies are now in a state of hibernation due to the global pandemic, PT Soejasch Bali has, once again, proven its “indefatigability” by making a major investment with the opening of a modern new complex on Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai Np. 88A, opposite SOS Mekika. A bold and strikingly new beautiful building, the Soejasch Bali Complex houses:
- Das Bistro by Mamas – a restaurant and bar-bistro featuring attractive prices on a wide-ranging menu that boasts salads, soups, seafood items, pizza, burgers, BBQ items, an array of delicious top-quality sausages, imported grain and grass-fed prime Australian beef, and tempting dessert items. Cocktails, draft beer, bottled beers, and a domestic and international wine list are also available.
- 2nd Floor Mezzanine Bar and Balcony Dining – suitable for relaxed “nights out” or, on a “booked -out” basis. The perfect venue for private meetings and parties.
- Mama’s Delikatessen – the place to order cold cuts, savory meats, imported cheeses, salads, pastries, baked goods, or take away items from the Das Bistro Mamas menu – all to be enjoyed on-site or on a takeaway basis.
- Coffee Bar – Freshly ground gourmet coffee prepared by a talented barista to be enjoyed on the premises or to go.
- Display area for the wide range of products produced and sold by PT Soejasch Bali to the general public, hotels, villas, restaurants, and major food franchises.
- Cold Storage – The complex is also home to a vast state-of-the-art cold storage facility.
Catering services to private residences and villas are also available.
Health Protocols Apply
Every aspect of PT Soejasch Bali’s operations – both front and back-of-house – has been built to operate in compliance comply with the strictest international standards for cleanliness and food security. Staff and guests’ temperatures are checked at the door, mask-wearing is maximized for both staff and guests, and physical distancing rules are followed.
Unique to Bali, food displays are located on wide aisles to allow physical distancing to be maintained during the shopping experience.
Reinhold Jantzen Biography
Also available for sale online or at Das Bistro by Mamas is the highly readable and entertaining autobiography of Reinhold Jantzen: “I Did it. . . My Way: My Life Between Hamburg and Bali.”
Jantzen, Reinhold and Andresen, Willi, (2019). I Did it …My Way. Jakarta: After Hours Books.
Das Bistro by Mamas (PT Soejasch Bali)
Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai No. 88A (Across from SOS Medika)
Open daily from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm
WhatsApp +62 821 4795 8846